Folder Bike Friday Tikit Large with Heavy Rider Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
This has done approximately 10 miles and is immaculate and has a lot of upgrades over basic spec. Pictures here:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37729119@N08/

Asking price is £1700 which is a 35% reduction on cost, though that did include import duties, it doesn't include the pump in picture or the Brooks saddle:-

Bike - BF Tikit fast fold 16" wheeled bike black with silver parts - as shown is setup for me at 6'1", could probably go up to 6'3" and down to about 5'9"

Upgrades:-

Fenders - Tikit v-brake fenders
Frame add ons - kickstand and mounted frame bag/cover
Racks - Tikit standard rear and double front, rear will take small panniers and front will take full size. If you use a driveside only pannier on the front the bike can be folded and rolled with bag in place
Heavy rider - beefs the frame up to an 280lb rider allowance
Fold - Hyperfold upgrade
Headset - Chris King
Seatpost - Thomson Elite layback
Rear Dropouts - adjustable to allow use of hub gear, fixed, SS - also has spare dropouts for use with disc brake on rear
Rear Wheel - Alfine 8 speed currently fitted with shifter etc, also supplied is a SS rear wheel, all three wheels sport Marathon Greenguard tyres

The fold as shown is slightly larger/wider than usual as I have Mary bars on, obviously a flatter bar would reduce the width slightly. But bike folds fine and rolls with no problem.

Questions/negotiations feel free...thanks...Al

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

I've decided to keep the SS rear wheel for another project so price drop which reflects this and reflects an actual price drop as well:-

£1400

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Why must you buy bikes that fit you?

Ha! now this one could easily fit you, it's totally adjustable, the stem just clamps to the steering column, stem can be altered and steering column shortened, swap the setback seatpost for an inline and you're there. I know you wouldn't need the heavy rider upgrade but it does mean that more could be carried....just saying like

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

sorry should have said that price including spare wheel is now £1500, the wheel also allows gears to be run as it's a MTB hub with SS kit.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

As I've had a few queries on this I thought I would post some general info and detail:-

1. negotiations - no I will not respond to 'what will I take for it?' - make me an offer and I'll let you know

2. expensive - yes they are - the current price is 2/3 of the new price and that's with me swallowing the full hit on the import duty, so it's 2/3 of what you would pay if you avoided import

3. I've looked at Bike Fridays website and they aren't that much? - try requesting a quote and include that you want the frame upgraded for a heavy rider(takes you up to 280lbs or 20 stone as a limit), the frame bag, the Chris King headset, the adjustable dropouts, spare dropouts to allow use of hubs gears/SS or derailleurs and disc brake on the rear, the Hyperfold, mudguards, full front and rear racks, a Deore XT hubbed rear wheel with Surly SS spacer kit plus an Alfine 8 rear wheel, and an extra tyre and tube for the spare wheel. Then there's the aftermarket bars, grips and seatpost. If you don't hit at least £2200 for that quote, before shipping and tax, then I'll be gobsmacked

4. Compared to a Brompton what's it like? - it is not as good a fold for size, but it does roll better and will stand unaided when folded. IMO all other aspects are superior, it rides better, takes standard bike parts and nothing changes position wise when you fold/unfold. To summarise this is an all round small wheel folder which can commute whereas a Brompton is a commuter first and foremost....again just IMO

Hopefully that answers questions for people....thanks.....Al

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Ok I've decided that I can use the Afline wheel from this so I'm now offering it as a Single Speed only and a big price drop

£700 collected

if you need gears then you can just add cassette, shortcage rear derailleur and shifter - cabling is pretty straight forward

Top Bottom