Folding bike for under £350 recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lithos

mickle said:
I'm out of the office until next week but Spandex is in the warehouse and may be able to help if you're interested. Are you anywhere near York?

I live and work IN York !

rootes

if your employer is buy the bike as an asset for your use, then this fits with the Governments cycle to work tax scheme..

if they buy the bike using the provisions of the scheme the tax saving will mean you can get a better bike + helment, lights etc.

the scheme is not complex and your company doe snto have to sign up to any of the formal scheme around (like evans / halfords etc) and can be arrange with a lbs - they send an invoice to your company they pay it - bike is their asset - then they need to clain the VAT as usual then adjust your salary to get the other savings etc

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Can i have discount because i am young and have little money:sad::?:
:eek:
Infact i cant even afford a nice folder.xx(

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
rootes said:
if your employer is buy the bike as an asset for your use, then this fits with the Governments cycle to work tax scheme..

if they buy the bike using the provisions of the scheme the tax saving will mean you can get a better bike + helment, lights etc.

the scheme is not complex and your company doe snto have to sign up to any of the formal scheme around (like evans / halfords etc) and can be arrange with a lbs - they send an invoice to your company they pay it - bike is their asset - then they need to clain the VAT as usual then adjust your salary to get the other savings etc

I'm part-time so I didn't earn enough last year to pay tax so I'm not eligible for the Cycle to Work scheme (which they do have). The bike isn't going to be mine, just part of the gubbins they provide to help me do my job, which involves going all over the city. I normally use my own bike but occasionally I get a lift part of the way which involves trying to shove a full size bike in the back of a car.

rootes

summerdays said:
I'm part-time so I didn't earn enough last year to pay tax so I'm not eligible for the Cycle to Work scheme (which they do have). The bike isn't going to be mine, just part of the gubbins they provide to help me do my job, which involves going all over the city. I normally use my own bike but occasionally I get a lift part of the way which involves trying to shove a full size bike in the back of a car.

ok, though it is common misconcpetion with the cycle to works scheme that the bikes is yours - it is always a company asset until disposed of.. at the end of the hire period

under these schemes the bike is owned by the company, and you hire the asset for your use. otherwise the tax breaks permitted would not be valid as it would be hire purchase as opposed to hire only.

In your situation that could still buy the bike as an asset and reclaim the vat in the normal way and just let you use it for work purposes.. so get looking at the cost of bikes without vat!

for the money Giant halfway is a decent bike though under geared - they do a model mow without the rack etc as well

Si

Top Bottom