Folding MTB......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
....was at a home and garden show the other day near BKK, and one stall there had these on offer:

Cryusher-FR100.jpg

It was badged as Asud, and comes under other labels such as Land Rover, Rockefeller, BMW.....and many
more.

Didn't get a chance for a test ride, but it sure looked pretty, and robustly built. Obviously, it's not intended as
competition for, say, Brompton, but it folds neatly in half and would fit easily in the back of our Honda Jazz.

Was really tempted to get one at the show, will keep an eye out in the bike shops here and maybe get from
there, at least I'd have some place to return to if any problems.

Anyhow, a lot of bike for the money at about 370 quid!

Here's a review I found also : http://www.foldingbikeguy.com/cyrusher-fr100-folding-mountain-bike-review/

alicat

Legendary Member
Anyhow, a lot of bike for the money at about 370 quid!

Don't forget the maxim, if it looks too good to be true....

Drago

Legendary Member
The Montague folders are front squidge only and, depending on the spec and model, range from a bit worrying to reasonable machines. They cost 2 to 3 times as much as this machine, which also sports the complexity of rear suspension. I'd be open minded until I'd ridden one but looking at the rather limited opposition and doing the maths it doesn't bode well for this device, on paper at least.

...the Monty's are prone to fakery for sure, they even warn about them on their site. Here's an example......
-Free-shipping-Hot-selling-bicycle-foldable-bicycle-double-bicycle-brand-21-24-27-speed-Mountain.jpg

.....I see many styles of bikes over this way, MTB, racers, folders, with the car name theme. With big brother just north of us here it's no wonder so many are around.
Still, not sure what the Cyrusher or (insert car name here) is a copy of........maybe an amalgam our Sino cousins dreamt up one day in the big factory :biggrin:

Jody

Stubborn git
Didn't get a chance for a test ride, but it sure looked pretty, and robustly built. Obviously, it's not intended as
competition for, say, Brompton, but it folds neatly in half and would fit easily in the back of our Honda Jazz.. Anyhow, a lot of bike for the money at about 370 quid!

37lbs is nearly the weight of a full downhill rig. Out of interest why would you pick this rather than a decent spec hardtail for the same money.

Each to their own but it looks awful and far from good value for money.

....heh heh - downhill racing.......now there's a novel thought.

I travel a lot with work assignments over here, and usually take my small wheeled folder, but it doesn't really cut the mustard.
Looking for a full sized folder, at a reasonable price, and hence my focus on these style of bikes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they do say.....:biggrin:
Don't be fooled too much by the price here - what you're seeing is closer to the true cost of a reasonably specced bike. If it was badged with one of the more elitist brands, and being sold exclusively in the UK or US, dare say it would cost double or more, due to.....er.....mark-up....

As always, I reserve my right to play devil's advocate...........:evil:

Last edited:
Top Bottom