Following threads?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jassy-x

...I know this is going to sound a bit silly to all you seasoned veterans of the forum.....but what is the best way to follow particular threads??
..I have been using the 'new posts' option, which is fine and I can keep up with all the 'now' stuff...but I find that the forum is so busy that i start to forget about previous threads I had been following..while also trying to read up on all the older topics..
....is it something to do with 'subscriptions'???...or is it just down to memory??

.....I know it will be something simple guys..so please be gentle on the technologically challenged newbie....;)

I just skim down the headings...seems to work for me although rather low-tech...

Carwash

Señor Member
I use subscriptions - both manually subscribing to threads that are relevant to my interests and automatically to anything I reply to. And I find new threads through the (duh!) 'new posts' page.

yenrod

What I've been posting on and if anything seems interesting by hovering the cursor over the heading...

If I want to see if anyone has replied/commented on anything I've said, I click on my forum name, and when the profile appears I click on 'find all posts by (name)'. And hey presto! everything appears.
The same works if you want to look at someone else's comments.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I generally hang around in the cafe and then stick my head in one or two other areas once in a while. I tend to look for new threads in the areas of interest and just see what the OP is saying to see if I want to add anything or not.
There has been a lot of polls recently and so I lurk (read without logging on) so I can see the poll results firsts.

ASC1951

Guru
jassy-x said:
I promise not to ask any more daft questions!
Steady on - if we have to stick to what is sensible, some of us will never see our names up here again.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
jassy-x said:
cheers guy's.....I promise not to ask any more daft questions!!!!

This is beginners, no question is too daft to ask, if you don't ask questions how you going to learn? :eek:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
When you can think of something sensible to say then our work here is done. It's time for you to leave the nest and take up arms against the big bad world outside....

... that's why we all stay in here. :eek::biggrin:

Top Bottom