Food and Drink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mitz

Mitz

Elsewhere, SiS Go Gels were recommended and having read up on them it seems they give you 20 - 30 minutes of energy.
As a newcomer to using this kind of thing, is this about the norm? That being so, are energy gels something you use later in a ride when you are getting desperate?
biggrin.gif

wintonbina

Über Member
Tired not desperate!!!:rolleyes: We used them for the last stage of our rides with a chocolate bar and they worked for us.

We broke up our 100+mile days into smaller stages so we ate flapjacks & fruit to begin with, then rode 30-40 miles before breakfast(& stretch out) then another 30-40miles before lunch(& more stretching!) & then the last session. Use the gels in this session to get the full benefit, but if you ever felt 'cream crackered' during any ride a gel will kick in & help you get to wherever you are staying(hopefully :rolleyes: ).

Tony

OP
OP
Mitz

Mitz

Tired not desperate!!!:rolleyes: We used them for the last stage of our rides with a chocolate bar and they worked for us.

We broke up our 100+mile days into smaller stages so we ate flapjacks & fruit to begin with, then rode 30-40 miles before breakfast(& stretch out) then another 30-40miles before lunch(& more stretching!) & then the last session. Use the gels in this session to get the full benefit, but if you ever felt 'cream crackered' during any ride a gel will kick in & help you get to wherever you are staying(hopefully :rolleyes: ).

Tony

Yes, tired .....
biggrin.gif

I would dream of doing 100+mile days Tony, but I dont think I'm quite up for it yet. However what you say is very useful, thank you ....

Top Bottom