Food Revelation - Cantonese Roast Duck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nearly 30 years ago, I was posted to HK and came across this common and popular dish. It was simply amazing. But note the preparation. Only other culture that goes to this culinary extent are the French with duck confit.

Years later I realised that Chinatown, London were mainly Hong Kong Cantonese that came across and the restaurants also serve this dish. Try it with rice or noodles.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcf8sW3DrI4

Nearly 30 years ago, I was posted to HK and came across this common and popular dish. It was simply amazing. But note the preparation. Only other culture that goes to this culinary extent are the French with duck confit.

Years later I realised that Chinatown, London were mainly Hong Kong Cantonese that came across and the restaurants also serve this dish. Try it with rice or noodles.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcf8sW3DrI4

Yum! Yes i lived in Honkers as well, so try and get over to chinatown in Manchester when i can, it's a delicious dish.
I used to eat in Choi Leung restaurant in Kowloon Tong every day for around 6 months. Fabulous dim sum :okay:

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Yum! Yes i lived in Honkers as well, so try and get over to chinatown in Manchester when i can, it's a delicious dish.
I used to eat in Choi Leung restaurant in Kowloon Tong every day for around 6 months. Fabulous dim sum :okay:
:hungry:😛It such a vibrant city, even at midnight people constantly moving in numbers. I also loved how every street has cafes, coffeeshops and restaurants. Stayed in Happy Valley where the old race course was. It really opened my eyes and taste buds. My first dum sum was also done there.

My last visit was 2016 ... me and the wife had lunch one day in Sheung Wan, mountains of delicious dim sum, yangchow fried rice, choi sum etc. and a few Sing Tao's, it came to £25 ... tea and butties the following day at The Penninsula £85. What a place :okay:

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

My last visit was 2016 ... me and the wife had lunch one day in Sheung Wan, mountains of delicious dim sum, yangchow fried rice, choi sum etc. and a few Sing Tao's, it came to £25 ... tea and butties the following day at The Penninsula £85. What a place :okay:
For weird and unexplained reason, I completely missed out on Peninsula. Just plain forgot.

Top Bottom