Food thrift - what to do with leftover roast chicken and carcass?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Of leftovers, many years ago, I was the catering manager at a branch of Woolies. I bought a grater attachment for our Crypto Peerless floor mounted food mixer. When the deli manager learned of this wee investment, once or twice a week, he would bring up a large container of many and varied cheese offcuts, put it though the grater and flog it cut price on his counter - ! :laugh:
I gained by getting cut price deli food - ! :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
Chicken bones to the dog? I didn't think that was a good idea due to choking on them. A friend lost her dog through a wood splinter from sticks thrown for it. Chicken bones splinter so you could end up with the b same, slow death. The splinter got into the airways which triggered fluid production and a very slow drowning of her dog. The splinter was too far down to remove.

Sad case but she had been warned by a few of us. The risk this could happen is why we make very sure any chicken we give our dog is bone free.
I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer...
Quite right. I strip any good meat off but avoid the oily stuff..?it goes right through him. No bones of course.

Top Bottom