Foooood nom nom nom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gords

After getting good advice on wheels on this forum, I thought I may as well ask another stupid question...

What is good savoury food to eat during the ride? I'm pretty damn partial to pizza myself but it isn't so easy to carry in your back pocket.

After something which is easy to fit in the back of my jersey without making a mess or being massively squashed. I've been using gels/bars etc but after doing longer bike rides I always end up feeling incredibly sick from the amount of sugar..

I normally have a bar or gel every hour and energy drink in the bottle..

ushills

Veteran
I go for fig rolls, I know not savory!

What about a samosa.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It could be a bit of a challenge to stuff one in your jersey, but how about a donut burger?

donut-burger-2_1695967a.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I can't possibly like the pic above. That looks vile and would make a right mess in your jersey pocket.

I take fig rolls, jelly babies or beans. Sometimes I take flapjack or tea loaf (fruit cake, no fat). Cheap to make and you can make cake the right size for your pocket.

Will give samosas a go on Friday.

OP
OP
G

Gords

How far and for long do you ride?

I've started to do some century rides which I really enjoy but struggle after the ride has finished.
Sugary food is the best for instant energy but wouldn't mind something savoury to consume.
Malt loaf is good and may try peanuts - didn't think baout them to be honest.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Small pork pies. Get a couple on a packet and small enough to fit in back pocket.

Top Bottom