Football World Cup - Russia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got the Le Mans 24 on the TV and Argentina v Iceland on the laptop.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm watching in Oz and the Aussie commentators didn't have any problem with the penalty. I thought it was borderline there was minimal contact.

That's interesting.

I think a couple of pundits/commentators over here were simply trying to create a bit of controversy by jumping all over VAR.

Was a tricky one in real time but I thought the penalty decision was correct with the critical contact being made over the line..

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Was a tricky one in real time but I thought the penalty decision was correct with the critical contact being made over the line..

The critical contact came when the defender made a very slight touch on the ball before the he made contact with the forward.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The critical contact came when the defender made a very slight touch on the ball before the he made contact with the forward.

Whether or not there is contact with the ball is irrelevant; despite what the pundits say.

I agree with you Pro Tour Punditry.

As far as I can see there is no mention of 'touching the ball' negating a foul in the FIFA rules - I wasn't aware of this beforehand:

Page 101 (long scroll)...

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/laws-of-the-game-2018-19.pdf?cloudid=khhloe2xoigyna8juxw3

Top Bottom