Footplates for special needs bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lpretro1

Currently refurbing an old bike and it has very heavy metal foot plates (the plates bolt onto a pedal and have straps to hold feet in place) which are very heavy, rusty and have a very sharp metal leading edge. Looked at new ones and they cost a crazy amount of money o wondered if anyone has something a bit more up to date and lighter/safer

Drago

Legendary Member
Could you not reproduce them in 5mm sheet alloy or something?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Currently refurbing an old bike and it has very heavy metal foot plates (the plates bolt onto a pedal and have straps to hold feet in place) which are very heavy, rusty and have a very sharp metal leading edge. Looked at new ones and they cost a crazy amount of money o wondered if anyone has something a bit more up to date and lighter/safer
@mickle would be the one to ask.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
If you don't get any joy, pm me a drawing and I'll make them for you.

OP
OP
lpretro1

lpretro1

Will do - thanks

OP
OP
lpretro1

lpretro1

https://www.flypedals.com/
http://www.anykicks.la/

usa sites but i hope they can give you ideas, i had some long flat pedals for running shoes in the 90s but no idea where i got them from .

Thanks for that but the first ones don't look not suitable for wearing with any kind of strap and the second look a bit better but the chap needs a proper footplate - part of the difficulty is that one foot turns outward at quite an angle and to strap his toes like that would be very uncomfortable for him. He cannot pedal without straps as not able to control his feet like a fully able-bodied person

OP
OP
lpretro1

lpretro1

Thanks butthe 5krunner is not suitable for our chap. We've seen all the other ones and yes some would be fine but it is the cost which is why we are looking at secondhand. Seems that items for special needs seems to double the price

Top Bottom