For anyone considering a Carrera Subway...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
You can get riser stems for around £9.99 online, 35 or even 40 degrees. And just think of the aero position you could get if you flipped the stem :rolleyes:.

OP
OP
Weegie

Weegie

youngoldbloke said:
You can get riser stems for around £9.99 online, 35 or even 40 degrees

It looks like most fixed angle risers (including all sold by Halfords) are for standard 25.4mm handlebars. And - of course - the Carrera Subway 2 Commuter has an oversized 31.8mm bar ;)

So, it appears that Norm's original suggestion of a stem extension is the only affordable way to increase handle height on a Carrera Commuter.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Weegie said:
It looks like most fixed angle risers (including all sold by Halfords) are for standard 25.4mm handlebars. And - of course - the Carrera Subway 2 Commuter has an oversized 31.8mm bar :biggrin:

Didn't realise they had OS bars. Interesting that in the webpage spec.for the Halfords riser stem linked to above 31.8 is quoted, and yet if you look at the packaging illustrated it clearly states a bar size of 25.4! ;)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Links to the two sorts ?
I have a subway one disc with fixed stem and fixed post , triple.
When i started riding again i had the subway with the suspension post etc and i found the seatpost was cr_*p as it worked loose and the adjustable stem was set as low as it would go .
The current set up below , albeit i have changed back to the standard stem at the same angle as i put a longer stem ( shown) on it and i was too stretched.
2014-01-28-10-24-02-jpg.37041.jpg

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I'm in the throes of looking for a new bike and the thought of not being able to adjust the bar height is a new one on me. Is this common and if I want to be looking for adjustable bars what should I look for?

Top Bottom