Sold - 2013 Salsa Fargo 2. 29er. 16" with Salsa extras. £695

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TTSS

Über Member
I've decided to keep my FS MTB so regrettably this has to go.

Review and spec: https://salsacycles.com/bikes/archive/2013_fargo

Steel frame and forks.

It is a great bike and is in immaculate condition and it's not often that one of these comes up for sale. The paint is in superb condition and has a deep bronze metallic flek in it. It is stunning.

16" frame. I am just under 5 feet 9 inches tall and it's set up for me in the photos.

I am sure there is a geometry table for this bike somewhere on line. There are some fantastic owners reviews and also several reputable Magazine reviews of this bike. The one below is the same bike just a different colour. They give them a colour change every couple of years:

https://salsacycles.com/bikes/archive/2015_fargo_2_blue

Sram group set and has virtually no wear to it.

2 x 10 speed compact - 36t & 46t.

Sram X9 long cage rear mech; Sram X7 front mech.

Avid BB7 road Disc brakes.

Woodchipper 2 drop handlebars.

The co-ordinating Crane Creek Mallet 2 SPD flat pedals also come with the sale.

Has new Jagwire cabling throughout as it had been stood for 18 months and it was best to replace them.

29 x 2.2 Continental Road Race tyres in excellent condition. These rims also take 700c road/touring tyres.

Comes with the genuine Salsa rear rack an extra which cost nearly £100 and two new and unused (still in their original packaging) Salsa anything front fork racks that were imported with the bike from the USA.

I would much prefer collection from Hardwicke in Gloucestershire.

I would reluctantly post it by courier for an additional £35 but it would require a certain degree of re-assembly.

The courier delivers between 8 am and 6 pm and I would require a full address, mobile phone number and email address of the buyer as stipulated by the Courier Company.

Payment by Bank transfer only or cash on collection. Under no circumstances will I accept any other form of payment so please do not ask.

£695 or near offer.

Attachments

• DSCN1367.JPG
    DSCN1367.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN1368.JPG
    DSCN1368.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN1369.JPG
    DSCN1369.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN1356.JPG
    DSCN1356.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Alfa GT

PM'd you

OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
More photos added.

Attachments

• DSCN1363.JPG
    DSCN1363.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN1364.JPG
    DSCN1364.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN1366.JPG
    DSCN1366.JPG
    321.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN1365.JPG
    DSCN1365.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN1362.JPG
    DSCN1362.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
Took it for a spin today. Did about 10 miles on it. The good thing about this is that you can run it as a 29er or fit 700c tyres upto about a 40 I believe. I've not tried it in 700c form but I know a lot of people run it like this in the spring/summer and as a 29er in the autumn/winter. One bike does all. :bicycle:

OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
Just managed to find out that the colour is called Root Beer. How cool is that. :cuppa:

Alfa GT

Unfortunately for me, but very fortunately for someone else, I couldn't get the man maths to work and the bike might be just a bit to small for me. This looks like a cracker of a bike for someone but not me this time :cry:

Serge

Über Member
Unfortunately for me, but very fortunately for someone else, I couldn't get the man maths to work and the bike might be just a bit to small for me. This looks like a cracker of a bike for someone but not me this time :cry:
Boo, bad luck.

Top Bottom