[For Sale] 26" Dawes frame suitable for fixie/ SingleSpeed, ideal for a giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
When I was at high school we weren't taught Imperial measurements, which might have led me to getting all excited and buying this 26" frame on ebay. I 'might' be able to use this frame if I wore platform boots, but I'm yet to find any platform boots that have fixings for SPD cleats on them.

So here's a frame for sale. I paid £18 for it and £15 shipping, and if I make my money back I'll be a happy man indeed.

Dawes.jpg

More photos on my blog here - 26" Inch Dawes frame - ideal for fixie or singlespeed conversion...

triangles

Über Member
How tall are you? I'm 6'4'' and kind of tempted given the price but would normally have thought that would be too big for me - although your other thread implied it might be ok.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
How tall are you? I'm 6'4'' and kind of tempted given the price but would normally have thought that would be too big for me - although your other thread implied it might be ok.

You are four inches taller than me, I reckon, I haven't measured myself for a while!

I'm not just saying this to make a sale, but at that price it's worth a punt! I'm quite disappointed because those drops would have been perfect for my single speed :sad:

triangles

Über Member
Yeah I've been thinking about building up a fixed gear for a while but haven't wanted to waste money in case I don't like it - so this looks like a good option (even if it is a dawes :wacko:)

So if you're approximately 4 inches shorter, quite how too big is the frame for you?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
might be worth giving a shout to smokeysmoo, I set the ball rolling on a sale of a similar sized Dawes complete bike a couple of months back between him and a lad from my work. for that price he may take a punt, I would.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Alas Smokeysmoo has restricted his profile page so I can't message him!

added a link to this thread to my old chat with him

robgul

Legendary Member

Size would be fine for you - I'm about 6-4 and ride a 25.5" Galaxy with 100% comfort

Only question I would ask is what the tubing is ... Dawes made a couple of real gas-pipe models that were very heavy and unresponsive - the lugs look ominous ..... - and bear in mind you'll need to find some threaded forks with a loooong steerer tube.

Rob

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Can you tell me the length of the seat tube, top tube and head tube please....if they are ok I'll happily make sure you get your money back on the deal.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Size would be fine for you - I'm about 6-4 and ride a 25.5" Galaxy with 100% comfort

Only question I would ask is what the tubing is ... Dawes made a couple of real gas-pipe models that were very heavy and unresponsive - the lugs look ominous ..... - and bear in mind you'll need to find some threaded forks with a loooong steerer tube.

Rob

1" threadless headset and some Surly Crosscheck 1" forks would work fine

Top Bottom