For Sale Drop Bar Conversion Multiple Items

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Ok, following a very unsatisfactory foray into the world of drop bars and STI's I've reverted to MTB controls and different bars. Nothing wrong with any of the kit but my elbow couldn't tolerate the ride position. I've also found a setup solution to get the controls on the sides. So we have:-

Bars - Rutland R31Eight Ergonomic style 44cm wide and 31.8mm clamp size, never been used - £12 inc postage

Bars - FSA Omega Compact alloy, 44cm wide and 31.8mm clamp, ridden for 40 miles, never taped up - £15 including postage

Brakes- Tektro CR720 in black, brand new, never used(didn't fit!!!), one set actually unopened, comes with fittings and straddle cable - £20 inc postage

Cable Hanger - KF Kona Design front hanger, fits to the brake bridge meant to reduce/remove fork judder - unused didn't fit - £5 inc postage

Travel Agents - pair of the Problem Solver travel agents for enabling use of v-brakes with road levers - black version with built in cable adjusters, used for 40 miles, they actually work very well but take your time installing them, I did them with an old cable first just to make sure I didn't mess up a decent cable - £30 inc postage

STI's - Sora 9 speed triple STI levers with cables, done 40 miles, no marks - £75 inc postage

All of these items look brand new, hence no pictures(also a bit lazy with the camera), I am open to offers but won't respond to ludicrous ones. Possibly someone might want the lot for their own conversion project. Can accept paypal, cheques, bank transfers. All items will include the original instructions and any spare bits supplied, ie size shims for the Sora levers.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hey Al, Could I take the Bars - Rutland R31 Eight Ergonomic style 44cm wide and 31.8mm clamp size, never been used - £12 inc postage

Ta

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
For the first set of bars, did you mean "Outland"? Very well reviewed those, as I recall.

I can also recommend the CR-720s (I paid more than double that for mine) and the Kona hanger, both of which I have on my LHT build.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

John the Monkey said:
For the first set of bars, did you mean "Outland"? Very well reviewed those, as I recall.

I can also recommend the CR-720s (I paid more than double that for mine) and the Kona hanger, both of which I have on my LHT build.

ta John, yep Outland, my old eyes:biggrin: yep I think my prices are more than fair, just wish I didn't keep having these great ideas and ploughing forward, wallet open, before making sure it'll work for me:ohmy:

4F - the Outland bars are yours, PM me address and I'll get posted, we can sort out payment however you like - by the way there was some bar tape with them as well, I'll chuck that in:biggrin:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Can i have the Sora levers please. PM me you e-mail and i will Paypal right back.

Might be interested in the CR720's too, but if someone else comes on for them don't hold on for me.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MacB said:
ta John, yep Outland, my old eyes:biggrin: yep I think my prices are more than fair, just wish I didn't keep having these great ideas and ploughing forward, wallet open, before making sure it'll work for me:ohmy:

4F - the Outland bars are yours, PM me address and I'll get posted, we can sort out payment however you like - by the way there was some bar tape with them as well, I'll chuck that in:biggrin:

Nice one, will do :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

by the way folks I need an adjustable stem, 25.4mm clamp and either 1" or 1 1/8 steerer fitting, preferably 130mm size and black. Anyone has one then I am happy to buy or trade.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Just an update, I have a stem now and everything is sold except for the cable hanger and the FSA Omega drop bars

Samjacksons

Bars

My friends been looking for these bars. I'll see him tomorrow and see if he still wants them. So there in like new nick then?
Cheers Sam :biggrin:

Top Bottom