For sale - Motobecane Mirage Sport ladies road/touring bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Percy

This bike came out of my aunty's shed. She bought it new circa 1982 and has ridden it very little. It was quite dirty but after cleaning it up it was clear that all of the components are in excellent condition. I completely stripped and rebuilt the bike, which included:
  • Full degrease and clean - the drivechain is spotless now and virtually like new
  • Stripped, cleaned and regreased the BB
  • Stripped, cleaned and regreased the wheel axles
  • As above for the headset
  • All new brake/gear cables
  • Two brand new Continental Tour Ride tyres
Things to note:
  • It does come with mudguards. The tyres I've put on *just* fit under the guards (they obviously have a slightly higher profile than the original tyres) but I've not gone through the process of adjusting it all.
  • The brakes/gears work fine but they will need setting up properly now the new cables are in.
  • The saddle isn't so good
  • The wheels are ok BUT being 20+ years old, probably aren't as strong as they were. If you know what you're doing, you will be able to re-true them. Wheels are 27", incidentally.
Basic measurement - centre of BB to top of seat tube = 50cm

This is a really nice genuine retro bike - the frame is beautiful (steel, of course) and would make a great tourer/commuter/general bike for someone. A few pics attached - happy to email more or answer any questions.

Genuine, realistic offers considered.

Pick up from Stockport or I will post it if you really want, at your cost.

Attachments

• P1010582.jpg
    P1010582.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 243
  • P1010583.jpg
    P1010583.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 216

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
percy that a glorious bike

OP
OP
P

Percy

Isn't it? I love it - if only I was a foot shorter I'd keep it for myself! Well, maybe if it wasn't a 'female' frame. Will be a shame to see it go but my aunt doesn't want it, I can't ride it and it doesn't fit my girlfriend either, so I'm afraid it's just taking up space! Plus, I want a new grouset for my steel Peugeot road frame :biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
Totally agree. Fabulous.

+1 Fab.

E11a

It's a beautiful bike and you've done a great job.

If the bike's still available, I'd like to add my name to the list of potential buyers.

OP
OP
P

Percy

Hi all

Sorry - been away and offline.

smokeysmoo and E11a - it is indeed still available. I will PM you both now as well, in case you don't see this.

Price - I have an idea of what I'd like to get for it, minimum, but I'd rather see what people are prepared to pay for it - as much to see if my expectations are realistic as anything else. Do you want to PM me if interested and we'll take it from there?

izyzb - thanks! I built it myself :biggrin:

Cheers

Percy

Top Bottom