For Sale MTB, Beater, Commuter about a 17.5"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Okay, I've given up on this for size and I've decided to go down the route of a Folder instead. Original plan was to build up a well disguised shopper/beater/backup commuter - I think this qualifies but it's just too small for me, as you can see by where I have saddle and bars. I'm looking for £130 collected or £150 delivered...what you get:-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37729119@N08/6284013055/in/photostream
I make the frame seat tube 17.5" 44cm CtoC and the effective top tube 570mm

Ridgeback 603GS Steel MTB, vertical dropouts - frame is sound, headset could probably do with attention, BB seems good.
Drivetrain is a 3x7 well used but all gears hit and no skipping, will need a good clean
It has new, mismatched shifters and new gear cable inners and outers, a friction for the front and 7 speed trigger for rear, to fit the trigger shifter on the wavy handlebars I chopped off the indicator bit and covered the hole with electrical tape
Newish Tektro v-brakes from my spares box and brake cable inners and outers are new Goodridge ones, plus new brake levers again from spares box
Rear wheel was upgraded in the past and has a quality Mavic rim with plenty of life
I bought a new cheapish wheelset and the front is on the bike, you get the never used rear as a spare
New standard Marathon tyres in 26x1.75 you also get the original knobblies with some life in them
New mudguards fitted they apparently can take up to a 2.2" tyre but I reckon 2" would be the max I'd want to run with them, depends on how much clearance you like really.
A lightly used Avenir rear rack in black 25kg limit
The pair of panniers, they're pretty old but perfectly functional and have raincovers built into the top pocket, they attach via elasticated hooks so, if you get them on tight enough as I have, they aren't exactly quick release. I always intended that they would stay on the bike.
I ditched the quill stem and have fitted a quill to ahead converter that allows for higher bars if required
New Zoom touring bars in black but you get the original silver flat bars as well, both 25.4mm clamp size - the grips have been chopped slightly at one end when I was messing about with bar ends, but are pretty much new apart form that
BMX style pinned platform pedals in black, in good nick
New BBB highrise stem and also an Easton EA30 stem about 6 degress and 105mm

It's not pretty, and was never meant to be, but it is functional and any of you doing the maths will see that the new bits alone come to more than the asking price.

I can deliver within reason as well, any questions then fire away...cheers....Al

ps I will take dibs on a split but would rather sell it complete, I don't care if I then see individual parts in for sale sections afterwards :biggrin:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
bumped for a price drop before it hits e-bay, so £100 collected or £120 delivered

Top Bottom