For Sale: Stan Pike Reynolds 531 Steel 56cm Road Bicycle; Chorus, Mavic, Campagnolo, Brooks

Would I get more for this breaking it into bits?

• Yes - I would be interested in some of the components!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Nah - how could you break this handsome bike apart?

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No but I think you're after too much

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lmow20

If it ain't titanium, it's not that cool.
Hi all,

Who knew building a mountain bike was so expensive! I have no choice but to sell my beloved Stan Pike 531. Horizontal Dropouts for a fixie project (are we still in that phase?)

Frame: double butted 531 with beautiful lugs - by a top frame builder of his time.
Wheels: Campagnolo silver daytona hubs, mavic open pro rims (900 miles)
Groupset: 2003 Campagnolo Chorus Shifters, Daytona Front mech, Racing Triple Rear, Daytona Brakes
Drivetrain overhauled new 40 miles ago: record chain, veloce cassette, chorus double chainset.

One month old Brooks Swift Titanium saddle (£230)
Cinelli Giro 42 handlebars and stem, Campagnolo chorus headset and bottom bracket
Shimano mountain bike pedals

14689405295_975243ebe8_z.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o6ywMF] 14502778529_e82b317fd6_z.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oo2Ch1] 14689128952_98e0e016d4_z.jpg

The Bike rides like a dream.

£500 ono[/url][/url]

fossala

Guru
To be honest, yes. Only because your frame has some bad rust looking at other pictures on you flicker account. Your components aren't in the best nick either though but you saddle should fetch just over 100 quid that will get you on the way to your 500 target.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I thought it looked great til I saw the rear stays, WTF did that, if it was as I suspect a padlock & chain then here's a tip for the future, Take an old innertube and slide the chain into that then cut to length, split lengthwise the rest of the innertube and wrap that round the padlock and secure with electrical tape. Bit late for that one though.
BTW £230 for a Swift Ti :eek:, I didn't even spend a ton on my one and that weren't that long ago, and yes mine is Titanium railed.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
nice - what size? Or perhaps easier for comparison - what size are you?

But one q - you say "racing triple" but looks like a double to me - or am I not looking properly

And whereabouts are you based.

OP
OP
lmow20

lmow20

I thought it looked great til I saw the rear stays, WTF did that, if it was as I suspect a padlock & chain then here's a tip for the future, Take an old innertube and slide the chain into that then cut to length, split lengthwise the rest of the innertube and wrap that round the padlock and secure with electrical tape. Bit late for that one though.

nah, sadly the previous owner (i bought this at a charity bike workshop) has a shopping rack on it, which clamped onto the seatstays. (who does that?)
I've had it 3 years, kept it dry as a bone and recently overhauled the drivetrain.[/quote]

OP
OP
lmow20

lmow20

nice - what size? Or perhaps easier for comparison - what size are you?

But one q - you say "racing triple" but looks like a double to me - or am I not looking properly

And whereabouts are you based.

It's a 56cm. I can measure all the tube lengths if you want. I am 1.78m (5'10" 1/2). Fits me like a glove.

Top Bottom