For Sale Steel Frame & Bits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Ok, I've finally settled on a new frame, the Pompetamine, so this frameset can actually go now, various pics at my Flikr account:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=one_set72157624725276491

I'm looking for £110 or £150 if includes the front wheel, both these prices to include UK postage.....what you get:-

Dawes Civic Reynolds 500 Steel frame - 58cm horizontal CtoC top tube and same for seat tube, head tube is 17cm, chain stays 42cm. Horizontal rear dropouts, no gear hanger, spacing is currently 135mm was originally 126mm, easy to respace to what you want in that range certainly. One eyelet only, can get rack and guards on but rack needs p-clips. BB is standard 68mm shell and, though the forks give tons of clearance, I reckon limit on tyres is 700x35 on rear.

BBB 1" Turnaround Headset, 1" spacers, 1" x 1" ahead stem(130mm 30 deg rise, two bolt), riser bars, brake levers(one for v and one for caliper), front and rear brakes(v front & caliper rear), Surly Xcheck 1" threadless steel forks(steerer uncut), M-Part inline twin bolt seatpost, Raleigh Selle Royal 130mm saddle.

Optional front wheel - Mavic A719 black rim 36h, silver spokes and 105 black road hub - rim is 622-19 erto so good for tyres from 28-45mm

Apart from the frame, saddle and bars everything else was bought brand new and has done less than 300 miles. I can offer alternate stem lengths and angles but only via a steerer tube shim, this is the only stem I have that's made for a 1" steerer only.

I've never tarted the frame up as it was meant to be a leave anywhere bike but there's no evidence of rust. There is a slight ding in the non drive side seat stay but it has caused no problems and my LBS assured me needed no attention. You will need to add BB, chainset, chain and rear wheel, if going SS/Fixed then that can be done for another £120 with new parts. If you're going hub gear then the sky's the limit.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
you need to have a yahoo account to see the pic...

Top Bottom