For sale - Two bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Claud Butler Levante 2006. Flat bar road bike. Matt black. Tiagra rear mech. 2200 front mech. 105 rear brake. Truvativ Elita crankset (50/39/30). Marin carbon bar ends. Some minor scratches and rust but generally in good condition and rides fast and friendly. Size - Medium. £250.

GT Avalanche 3.0 Hydro Disc 2010. Hardtail mountain bike. Size - Medium. Alivio rear mech. Acera front mech. Tektro Auriga Comp disc brakes. Suntour XCM 2 forks. Red and white. A great budget MTB, only selling coz I need a bike without a top-pull front mech. Kenda Nevegal tires. This bike belies its budget and the frame is the one on pricier Avalanches. Retails at £460 and I only bought it in March and have only commuted on it. £375.

I live and work in Warrington so that would be the place to try out and/or buy either or both bikes.

Cheers

Stu

Attachments

• FB52.jpg
    FB52.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 428
  • FB2-5.jpg
    FB2-5.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 410
OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Claud Butler Levante 2006. Flat bar road bike. Matt black. Tiagra rear mech. 2200 front mech. 105 rear brake. Truvativ Elita crankset (50/39/30). Marin carbon bar ends. Some minor scratches and rust but generally in good condition and rides fast and friendly. Size - Medium. £250.

GT Avalanche 3.0 Hydro Disc 2010. Hardtail mountain bike. Size - Medium. Alivio rear mech. Acera front mech. Tektro Auriga Comp disc brakes. Suntour XCM 2 forks. Red and white. A great budget MTB, only selling coz I need a bike without a top-pull front mech. Kenda Nevegal tires. This bike belies its budget and the frame is the one on pricier Avalanches. Retails at £460 and I only bought it in March and have only commuted on it. £375.

I live and work in Warrington so that would be the place to try out and/or buy either or both bikes.

Cheers

Stu

Further to my thread, I note that Halfords are doing 20% off all GTs, and while they don't sell this model, they sell similar ones, so in light of this it would be ridiculous of me to ask more than £325.

Stu

Great Stu. I sold a bike on Ebay today too. A pink metallic mixte Peugeot for a very respectable £52. I've given the donation to the Heart Foundation, a good cause. A girl came to look at it and she loved it, mainly because it's really light. I'm not sure whether she bought it or not but the buyer might be her dad or a relation, as she said she came from the Lake District.

I'll be sorry to see it go but try to adopt the principle - one in, one out!

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Great Stu. I sold a bike on Ebay today too. A pink metallic mixte Peugeot for a very respectable £52. I've given the donation to the Heart Foundation, a good cause. A girl came to look at it and she loved it, mainly because it's really light. I'm not sure whether she bought it or not but the buyer might be her dad or a relation, as she said she came from the Lake District.

I'll be sorry to see it go but try to adopt the principle - one in, one out!

Absolutely or in my case two out, one in, but I'm getting myself a (relatively) really good bike in return :-)

Come on Cyclescheme voucher!

Stu

PS I'm afraid I'm rather more mercenary and have kept all the money, altho I have invested some in a pair of forks... ahem.

Well Stu, Mr Campfire had heart attack in 2005 and as I'd had the bike a long time & it didn't cost me much then, I thought maybe I should give a little back. However, there was also a touch of - it looks good if you giving a donation - when you're selling something at that cost. You also pay reduced Ebay fees, so not so noble after all hee hee.

PS: Are you collecting the little yellow plums around Birchwood Park and all around the area? I collect a pannier half full yesterday, could have got more but there's a limit to my domesticity!

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Hi, in my almost total ignorance of Warrington I don't know anything about the yellow plums, at any rate, without a bike at the mo so can't get out foraging. PM me where exactly this is - I only really know my way to work so far!
Stu

Top Bottom