For sale...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...selection of inflatable slides. Ideal for kiddies parties etc. Found them in the garden yesterday. Also, one Rolls Royce engine - ideal for keen DIY...land speed record attempt on bicycle maybe..?

The sight of planes sweeping in to land is amazing. Jack the dog and I watch for ages as they stream into Heathrow - near Hatton Cross station is the ideal place as the planes pass exactly overhead. One plane every 45 seconds or so...

Never thinking about planes crashing but often have the strange feeling that a well positioned rocket launcher in the back of a Luton van would be the 'easiest thing'... for an 'organised terrorist'.:laugh:

Here's a pic from my 'phone - last summer obviously...it is once again p***ing down:sad:

gary r

Guru
i saw the plane coming in yesterday( i work at heathrow hatton cross) & looked up as i thought it looked a bit low!!! Didnt think any more of it untill i got back in the office & looked out the wondow & saw the sricken plane surrounded by fire engines.

Arch

Married to Night Train
The news had the usual eyewitness people yesterday, and then this morning, they'd got Gordon Brown, who saw it happen. A cut above the usual slack jawed yokel saying "well, I fort, like, that's low, innit..." that get as eye witnesses...

MP - my Mum and I once went to London for the day and after a guided walk in the morning and a pub lunch, on a hot day, felt really tired, so we strolled down to the Embankment, sat on a bench and just watched the world go by - and that included the planes coming in and stacking for Heathrow, boats going by on the Thames, and the London Eye revolving. A good way to just wind down for half an hour.

But so many planes, so close together (is it one every couple of minutes?). I suppose the next one in had two or three minutes to react and divert if told to but it does seem to have been a bit of a miracle all round that it wasn't a disaster.

Top Bottom