For those who like opera/classics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

I was asked to film a young opera singer called Rhiannon Lambert last weekend when she came to Gloucestershire to perform at a local venue. Most of the stuff she performed there was subject to copyright so it sadly can't be uploaded, but she is happy to have 3 of them up there.

Whilst performing to backing tracks, the vocals are IMO 100% and it really was impressive to hear that sort of vocal range live and up close.

All uploaded in 1080p if your PC and connection can cope with it.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Night Train

Maker of Things
My laptop can't do that justice at all, I will get the big speakers out later and have another listen.

Her voice will mature beautifully.
Reminds me how much I miss going to the opera.

Thank you for posting that.:smile:

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.

I was asked to film a young opera singer called Rhiannon Lambert last weekend when she came to Gloucestershire to perform at a local venue. Most of the stuff she performed there was subject to copyright so it sadly can't be uploaded, but she is happy to have 3 of them up there.

Whilst performing to backing tracks, the vocals are IMO 100% and it really was impressive to hear that sort of vocal range live and up close.

All uploaded in 1080p if your PC and connection can cope with it.

Stunning. If she doesn't make it big with a voice and a face like that I would be very surprised.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

My laptop can't do that justice at all, I will get the big speakers out later and have another listen.

Her voice will mature beautifully.
Reminds me how much I miss going to the opera.

Thank you for posting that.:smile:

Technically, I've been chasing live performances for a while, but they all play at such big SPLs which just clip all over the place on playback. I attempted to pick up a line out of the mixing desk, but was getting too much mains hum so had to revert to the camera's external shotgun mic (RODE) which was attenuated to -20db and then further down another -9db in the cam itself. It takes a little bit off the top end frequencies in comparison with an acoustic performance which doesn't need that, but I'm pleased that I managed to get what I did off a video mic.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Nessun Dorma? Sung by a woman? Christ on a bike, Linf - there aren't that many female tenors around.

Perhaps mercifully for my blood pressure your videos aren't available - I lasted precisely one bar of one of the videos on her own site before having to turn off in anguish (and yes, I did listen to more than one of them). Mediocre technique and no better than an average voice, I'm afraid.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Nessun Dorma? Sung by a woman? Christ on a bike, Linf - there aren't that many female tenors around.

Perhaps mercifully for my blood pressure your videos aren't available - I lasted precisely one bar of one of the videos on her own site before having to turn off in anguish (and yes, I did listen to more than one of them). Mediocre technique and no better than an average voice, I'm afraid.

Ah, we have an opera star in our midst - perhaps you can stick up a link to your own work ?
What next, a revelation that you are also a member of CAMRA ?

I'm certainly no expert on this sort of thing as i've never followed it, but as well as being awarded Classic FM Singer of the Year Competition when she was 17 by many thousands of people who's opionion differs from yours, someone with a really valid opinion standing up to be counted and who has also put his reputation on the line by performing with her.
A beautiful girl and voice, she will go far - Alfie Boe (Britains favourite Tenor)

srw

Ah, we have an opera star in our midst - perhaps you can stick up a link to your own work ?
I tell you what. I'll find a recording of something I've done when you post up a link to one of your peer-reviewed papers on climatology.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

I tell you what. I'll find a recording of something I've done when you post up a link to one of your peer-reviewed papers on climatology.

That will be a no then - fancy a pint of old fiddlers elbow (abv4.2) instead ?

You can regail me of its failings whilst we both stand there and agree on the ultimate outcome of climate change..

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

http://www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp?item_code=8.550765
I'm somewhere in the middle of that lot, among ten or a dozen more recordings.

But that's not exactly my point - since when does anyone have to be able to do something well to criticise from a perspective of knowledge?

I think your point is you don't like me posting and are reinforcing that now. The quality of her performance would have been irrelevant to you if anyone else had posted it up.

srw

I think your point is you don't like me posting and are reinforcing that now. The quality of her performance would have been irrelevant to you if anyone else had posted it up.
Not at all. I have form.

Top Bottom