Ford Focus Estate boot space

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldcoast

Just had a phone call from a mate who is of to pick a road bike, this is his first bike and he has just found out it doesn't have quick release wheels - I've told him it will fit fine with the wheels on. but with a 40 odd mile round trip have I told him the right thing :whistle:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
My old road bike fits (just) in my old-style Focus hatchback. Front wheel in first, turned through 90 degrees.

Agree with the above posters. When I had a Mazda 3, which is very similar, a single bike fit easily in the back, with the seats down and parcel shelf removed. Just turn the front wheel sideways.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Goes in easily with room to spare - with just nearside back seat folded flat, headrest removed. No need to turn the front wheel. Can get 2 bikes in with both seats folded, top and tailed with a blanket between.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Concur with the above. The other weekend we got a dishwasher in the back of ours without even taking the Chariot CX2 trailer out (we'd forgotten to unload it before we went to Currys) - a mere bicycle should be no problem

the_mikey

Legendary Member
2012 Focus estate, I can get a road bike in the back of it complete with wheels, with the rear seats folded down. I have once put a road bike on the back seat of a fiat Punto, although the wheels had to be removed first.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Since my Wednesday evening rides always start at my buddy's house putting the bike into the car is a well-practiced routine: retract the cargo cover, unlatch and push forward the seat backs then pick up the bike by the forks and stays and post it in on its side, rolling the wheels along the boot "wall". It fits perfectly. If a second bike is going in I remove the parcel shelf altogether then chuck in an old removals blanket and drop the second bike on top. Three bikes and three people means a lot more dismantling because we need 1/3 of the rear seat.

Passat estate by the way.

OP
OP
Goldcoast

Goldcoast

It was a last minute decision on the way home from work so didn't have any tools with him, but bike fitted fine. Even better, I've just heard a quick release has been bought and fitted.

Top Bottom