forgive me bicycle god for i have sinned...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hedder2212

after selling my motorbike to come back to cycling... then rage quitting and pretty much stealing my gf`s moped the other day after I got a flat tyre and snapped a chain I started to realise how much I missed my P.O.S expensive 2 wheeled form of transport with one of those mystical engines... so ive gone out and got another.. just for those days where I cant be bothered cycling or I get up too late or its raining and im in a mood.
its only a 50cc and is only £140 for a year of insurance...
but please bicycle god forgive me...
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
50cc and is only £140 for a year of insurance...

I have a 500cc Honda and pay £70 for a year's worth of insurance.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I've been toying with the idea of getting a moped myself. What are the general running costs? Insurance sounds dirt cheap, but what about petrol, MOT (do they even need one?) and servicing?

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

I have a 500cc Honda and pay £70 for a year's worth of insurance.
mine will drop to that someday... strangely I got quoted £300 for a cb400 and £390 for a triumph tiger 800 restricted down to A2. id get a bigger bike but don't really need one + id just get myself into too much trouble :laugh:

Rafferty

Triumph Bonneville T100, (the new one). = £106 p.a. and my 28 year old Honda XBR500 = Insured separately for £70 p.a. as a 'classic'.
The 2 wheeled 'god' looks after cyclists AND motorcyclists, or at least that's what I am told!

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

I've been toying with the idea of getting a moped myself. What are the general running costs? Insurance sounds dirt cheap, but what about petrol, MOT (do they even need one?) and servicing?
insurance depends on many factors but ive never seen a new rider pay any more than £330 a year on a 50cc, after a year it drops into the £200`s.. £5-£9 to fill a tank up on a 4 stroke.. same on a 2 stroke but just add in a cap of oil which is £7.50 a bottle. MOT I pay £25 each time I put a bike through. servicing depends if you do it yourself, ive always done all my own but when I worked at a bike "garage" when I was 15 we would charge £75 for a service on anything upto 125cc. I do my own servicing for around £20-£25 a pop. don't forget to factor in a CBT.

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

50cc. What's that a hairdryer ? That's another slow motorbike/scooter for us cyclists to zoom past.

No forgiveness.
oh lord give me strength. it has two wheels and it goes. what does it matter? ive had 125cc and I can ride anything aslong as its restricted to 48bhp... a moped is so cheap theres no excuse not to. oh and itll now do 45mph now ive had time to tinker with it. so not very slow...

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
insurance depends on many factors but ive never seen a new rider pay any more than £330 a year on a 50cc, after a year it drops into the £200`s.. £5-£9 to fill a tank up on a 4 stroke.. same on a 2 stroke but just add in a cap of oil which is £7.50 a bottle. MOT I pay £25 each time I put a bike through. servicing depends if you do it yourself, ive always done all my own but when I worked at a bike "garage" when I was 15 we would charge £75 for a service on anything upto 125cc. I do my own servicing for around £20-£25 a pop. don't forget to factor in a CBT.

Cheers for that - food for thunk :smile:

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

So does a bicycle if you move your feet ;)

I'm not sure a moped protects you from the rain any more than a bicycle...for that you need one of those things called a car :whistle:
no but it means I can get where I want to go faster without sweating my balls off in my waterproofs

Top Bottom