Formatting problems when posting..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I've noticed a number of increasingly frustrating issues when posting on CC over the past few months:

- Deleting a character in the middle / at the end of a paragraph / sentence that has an empty line above it also deletes that line.
- Once quites have been inserted into a post there's no ability to add text before the first quote as the cursor refuses to be put there, while IIRC deleting the quotes just removes their contents but leaves their body present (a workaround is to add text before inserting quotes)
- Once images have been added to a post, often the cursor cannot be moved past the end of the last image (a workaround is to insert the images between two instances of text rather than at the end)
- If a smiley is added to the end of a sentence / paragraph, often the cursor can't be placed after this to delete it if required..

Is this just me or is it site wide? FWIW I'm running W7 and Firefox..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No, I have the same problems. It started happening after the forum software was updated a while back.

A work around to be able to do things otherwise now impossible is to change the mode of the editor by clicking on the '[]' (Toggle BB Code), top right, then toggle back to get access to other features when you need them.

It is a pain!

Last edited:
OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Cheers guys - evidently a bit of a swine but your suffery makes me feel better that I'm not alone :tongue:

Would be good to get it sorted but I suspect the problem probably runs deeper than the mods are able to address (no disrespect intended!)

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

No, that would be a job for @Shaun, or (more likely) the developers of the XenForo software!

Indeed - however that said, I'm a member of other Xenforo forums and they don't seem to suffer these issues; so maybe worth reporting to the forum developers..?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
As has been said earlier in the thread, I'm afraid this is something that Shaun will need to look into and maybe discuss with the developers. The mod team have a lot of tools to help out but we don't have access to the inner workings of the site itself.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

As has been said earlier in the thread, I'm afraid this is something that Shaun will need to look into and maybe discuss with the developers. The mod team have a lot of tools to help out but we don't have access to the inner workings of the site itself.

Thanks - as long as people are aware I guess that's as good as it gets :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
- Once quites have been inserted into a post there's no ability to add text before the first quote as the cursor refuses to be put there, while IIRC deleting the quotes just removes their contents but leaves their body present (a workaround is to add text before inserting quotes)

- Once images have been added to a post, often the cursor cannot be moved past the end of the last image (a workaround is to insert the images between two instances of text rather than at the end)
I have had experience on these two issues: I have resolved them by pressing Enter inside the quoted box or picture, the whole quote box or picture will move down, making it possible to place the cursor above for text.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I have had experience on these two issues: I have resolved them by pressing Enter inside the quoted box or picture, the whole quote box or picture will move down, making it possible to place the cursor above for text.

Thanks - seems that definitely works if you put the cursor at the beginning of the text in the quote box. Otherwise it evidently splits it into two which is a whole new world of pain :laugh:

Top Bottom