Forum/Cycling Acronyms and Abbreviations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hotmetal

I've been wondering for a while what that "SMRbtH" was in aid of. Only now you mention it in the same breath as FNRttC have I realised that you mean Saturday Morning Ride back to Home. D'oh! Maybe it's because my brain can't conceive of riding to the coast on a Friday night and not getting home till Sat am… :eek:

boxer

Regular
I have seen IIRC used loads of times, but am ashamed to say i had no idea what it meant until i saw this thread :smile:

D

Deleted member 20519

No, N is the number of bikes you currently own. +1 is the next bike that you will eventually buy.

And N+1 means the number of bikes you own plus one meaning you should always have one more bike than you already own. Yes, it's confusing.

A common Workshop abbreviation is PDI = pre delivery inspection. And then theres STF. PDIs often have STF (sh!t to fit i.e. lights, mudguards, racks and sh!t.

D

Deleted member 20519

One Question, I'm new so please let me off! :smile: What does MGIF stand for? I've seen it about a lot and still can't figure it out! D:

Must Get in Front - a mentality that drivers have when they see a cyclist and they must get in front at all means.

Top Bottom