Forum/Cycling Acronyms and Abbreviations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bramble1949

This thread is essential for newcomers and the elderly since I am both. No confirmation need of this as I am posting this at the end of page 13 rather than the end of the the thread. I could not seem to delete this and put it in the right place. Story of my life.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
"Put your furniture in the centre of the room " means adjusting your male equipment into a central position.

You mean you talk about this? The people you ride with sound dodgy :0)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Not sure if it's been noted, but;
Wife/girlfriend, & equally husband/boyfriend specific;

SWMBO (She Who Must be Obeyed)
'Management'
'Accountant'
'Financial Advisor'
She Who Says No!'

I like "the domestic authorities"

Picked it up in a model engineering book -lathes and so on - suggesting a heavy lathe crashing through floorboards of the spare bedroom "may not be popular with the domesitc authorities". Almost seemed like a job title akin to "works manager" or similar.

GuyBoden

Guru
"Put your furniture in the centre of the room " means adjusting your male equipment into a central position.
a variant on "pocket billiards" then

Pulling your Male Genitals up into a central location in your shorts (balls'n'all) is common practice on road bikes, so your male equipment doesn't get painfully rubbed on the seat during a long ride.

0a9db82bb709342126ca5246aab89bcb.jpg

Middle Aged Man In Licra - Google is fab :smile:

6042475387_ebb8995932.jpg

(someone snuck through the barriers at a Olympic run-up event)

DMan001

One of my friends is a firm proponent of the acronym "BOAB" (bird on a bike) but I am undecided on whether this should be accepted due to the slightly disrespectful tone!

One of my friends is a firm proponent of the acronym "BOAB" (bird on a bike) but I am undecided on whether this should be accepted due to the slightly disrespectful tone!
I don't see the value in this acronym, it doesn't really contain any useful information. Offensive as some people find it, MAMIL encompasses a set of assumptions in a single word. BOAB really doesn't say anything at all about the rider except her gender. You are right, it does say a lot about the person who says it.

Top Bottom