Forum ride - Central Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
HLaB said:
Most of my better rides are spiral out of Dunfermline. Getting a train from Glasgow isn't exactly convenient particularly if its a Sunday. Cycling is fairly easy but its not particularly exciting. If we want to consider a Dunfermline based ride let me know I'm sure I can come up with something.

I think we Edinburgh-based types need to befriend someone with a people-carrier with a large bike-rack (or attached trailer) to get us to these rides in comfort and convenience.... :sad::biggrin::biggrin:

QuickDraw

I'm still not back on the bike since the flu but I'm starting again on Monday so all going well I'll be up for a repeat in March.

As for the route I wouldn't mind a change but the last one can't be beaten for the absence of cars. We must have passed less than 20 cars outside of Stirling.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
goo_mason said:
A tentative 'yes' from me (depending on whether I can arrange childminding and transport).

Any chance of doing a more *cough cough* Edinburgh-based ride sometime ? I'm sure HLaB will now some good routes out around Edinburgh and the Lothians / Fife etc...

I am with Goo on this one...

QuickDraw said:
I'm still not back on the bike since the flu but I'm starting again on Monday so all going well I'll be up for a repeat in March.

As for the route I wouldn't mind a change but the last one can't be beaten for the absence of cars. We must have passed less than 20 cars outside of Stirling.

I think I have ridden part of the route of the Stirling ride and wouldn't mind doing it, but I am not sure I could keep up.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Hairy Jock said:
I am with Goo on this one...

I think I have ridden part of the route of the Stirling ride and wouldn't mind doing it, but I am not sure I could keep up.

If it's as hilly as it's made out, I'd be at the back with you. I find the short and very shallow rise from Crewe Toll up Telford Road as far as the left turn off to Groathill Avenue knackering - and that's hardly long or steep (unless there's some kind of optical illusion going on there !)

Right. So I'm sorting out a new bike, so I need a ride to take it on!!

So who is up for a ride in March? If so when? Would starting a doodle be a good idea? Lets get a date sorted then we can sort the place.

Come on folks!:laugh:

gavintc

Guru
Sorry guys but I will be unable to make March as I have every weekend committed including a week in Majorca (yipee) with Edinburgh RC. Hope you have a good one.

gavintc said:
Sorry guys but I will be unable to make March as I have every weekend committed including a week in Majorca (yipee) with Edinburgh RC. Hope you have a good one.

Bah! Your just scared that I would leave you behind....:biggrin::biggrin:

At the moment I only have tentative a tentative yes from goo, Hairy Jock, quickdraw and Hlab. I'll stick a doodle up when I get a chance to see if we can firm up numbers. I'm happier for a relatively easy ride if that will up the numbers and firm the commitments a bit!

Come on folks!!! :wacko:

Right. I'm organising a new ride here. No excuses!

Top Bottom