Forum ride - Central Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Dearie me, we'd better do a roll-call in the week before meeting up to see who to expect on the day.

Hope as many folk can make it as possible.

jassy-x

Tetedelacourse said:
Dearie me, we'd better do a roll-call in the week before meeting up to see who to expect on the day.

Hope as many folk can make it as possible.

....barring any disasters, I'll be there for the meet-up....once we establish where we're meeting of course...

....well I take it that's me and you for starters Tete....

....any advances on 2...?????????

Noodley

arranandy said:
Noodley - I shall practice my hand signals between now and then:smile::wacko:

I think the only hand signal you'll need with me is the one where you wave me goodbye as you disappear into the sunset...

:rofl::biggrin:

alp1950

Still keen but don't get back from holiday until the 18th. Will have to see which way the domestic wind is blowing closer to the day.

jassy-x

arranandy said:
I might be up for this as well. Has a definate route and meeting time been decided yet?
following Tete's suggestion and general consensus....starting in Stirling...meeting point and time not yet established (possibly the Railway station around 10:30ish to suit rail times..????).....head up through Bridge of Allan on to the B824 into Doune...follow B8032 towards Callander, dropping down on the B822 through Kippen into Fintry....we then have the choice of an easier (and flatter) route on the B818 through the Carron Valley to Carron bridge or could continue on the B822 Crow road over the Campsie hills down into Lennoxtown and then following the A891/A803 into Kilsyth to then climb the Tak-ma-doon Rd to Carron bridge....from there up through Sheilbrae, Cambusbarron and back into Stirling..... according to Tete's calculations the main route will be around 73km with a possibilty of adding 14km plus a couple of stonking climbs by taking the Campsie route (this can be decided at Fintry - a split in the group could be re-joined at Carron bridge before returning to Stirling.?????)...

...do we have the makings of a plan here guys..??????

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Ah this thread's looking a bit more +ve again :evil:

Although "according to tete's calculations" strikes me cold to the bone!

10.30 - 10.45 at Stirling train station on 19th sounds like a good place to meet. There's parking nearby at the Thistle Marches too I think for those travelling by car who don't want to pay a fortune at the railway car park.

Although I haven't bothered to check any of this.

Sounds like a plan! I will reserve judgment until Fintry as well, although I think I am probably more likely to take the easy option! (I'll be using my flat bar, big tyres excuse!)

I've also just realised that I can get the train from Anniesland to Stirling with one change and get there before 10:30am :wacko:.

I will just have to make sure I am back in Stirling before 9:30pm for the last train back.....:evil::tongue:

Top Bottom