England : Lancashire Forum ride: Cross o' Greet, Wray, Bowland Knotts. Sat 30th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I'll keep plugging away! :okay:

I don't mind not having a huge turnout, but 6-10 riders would be good.

Old guard and newcomers welcome! Slowish, chatty, fun forum rides are what I aim for. (When I am trying to ride more quickly, I usually do it alone so I can go at my own pace.)

MikeW-71

Veteran
Grr, I'm out... again. Can't get the day off.

Shame as I really enjoyed the Bowland ride last year. I'll get to another one though, just wait! :smile:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Grr, I'm out... again. Can't get the day off.

Shame as I really enjoyed the Bowland ride last year. I'll get to another one though, just wait! :smile:
Oh well, better luck next time!

How about 200 flat kms in Cheshire on Sat, 27th June or 100-ish hilly kms in the Yorkshire Dales on Sat, 25th July? :whistle:

Confirmed riders:
  • ColinJ
  • Littgull
Potential riders:
  • double_dd
  • Carrie & Julie (non-CycleChat)
  • Brandane

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Apologies from me too. I'd hoped to have a go at this one having missed the Glasson Dock ride but have been told I'm on gardening duty that saturday.

I am interested in the metric double century but that will depend on how the knee behaves following the recent strain.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
So, you have a 'friend' who is a hoarder ... Judging from the number of bikes that you seem to have accumulated, I have a suspicion who that person might be! :whistle::laugh:

Thanks Colin :rolleyes:

Technically I've sold 5 and only bought 1 this year so far ...

... but I bought a frameset yesterday so that'll be a winter 2015/16 bike for me to do.

RhythMick

Über Member
Oh well, better luck next time!

How about 200 flat kms in Cheshire on Sat, 27th June or 100-ish hilly kms in the Yorkshire Dales on Sat, 25th July? :whistle:

Confirmed riders:
  • ColinJ
  • Littgull
Potential riders:
  • double_dd
  • Carrie & Julie (non-CycleChat)
  • Brandane

Colin I'm definitely interested in both of these rides. In fact I just put them in my diary. Do you have details, routes ? I'm also happy to offer lifts for up to 3 other riders and bikes if anyone is en-route from South Yorkshire.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Colin I'm definitely interested in both of these rides. Do you have details, routes ? I'm also happy to offer lifts for up to 3 other riders and bikes if anyone is en-route from South Yorkshire.
I am looking at possible routes for the Cheshire 200. I will probably ask local CycleChatters for comments on what I come up with once the Bowland ride is over. I will avoid towns and busy roads as much as possible and find a couple of decent cafes to stop at. I will put up a thread next week.

I think I will make the Dales ride a rerun of THIS POPULAR FORUM RIDE from 2011. It was a great route, but I was not fit enough at the time to get up all of the climbs. You will be able to see how much surplus weight I was carrying at the time if you look at the ride photos! :blush: Things should be a lot easier for me now that I am fitter and 4 or 5 stone lighter ... The thread for that ride will be started straight after the 200 ride.

Top Bottom