England : Lancashire Forum ride from Whalley: Glasson Dock Revisited - POSTPONED to Sat,18th April 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Colin, count me and SamR in as definites. Might even be able to persuade my buddy Alex to come along as well; he lives in Whalley.

This assumes you manage to lay on some decent weather of course.

SamR

Rider on the Lancastrian storm
Yes, count me in as long as the weather turns out as well as it was last time.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
'Definites':
  • ColinJ
  • Globalti
  • SamR
'Maybes':
  • phil_hg_uk (if weather ok and not ill/dead!)
  • skudupnorth (subject to work/wife/life patterns!)
  • Alex, buddy of Globalti
'Unlikelys which we do NOT want to happen':
  • Nuclear holocaust
  • Incurable global pandemic
  • Bicycles banned from UK roads during daylight hours
  • Sea level rise of 20 metres
'Unlikelys which we DO want to happen':
  • @potsy undertakes amazingly effective training plan and decides to ride!

:okay:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Can you put me down as a possible please. I am available for the day and can borrow my brother's car again.:okay: The only doubt as far as I can see would be if the weather was bad as two hours driving each way to get drenched wouldn't be ideal.:rain:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

'Definites':
  • ColinJ
  • Globalti
  • SamR
'Maybes':
  • Rickshaw Phil (if weather ok)
  • Nuclear holocaust

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I have updated the first post in the thread with details of the ride, and am now hoping for a rush of CycleChat riders eager to forget the horrors of winter and sign up for a really nice forum ride - ALL WELCOME - post below! :hello:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

'Definites':
  • ColinJ
  • Globalti
  • SamR
'Maybes':
  • Mickthemove + Phil
  • Nuclear holocaust

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I've been going through the list of those who rode last year, or who expressed an interest in riding but couldn't make it. I've crossed off those who are mentioned above, and one or two who I remember are injured or who told me that they can't make it this time. I'll tag the rest of you below in case you have not noticed this thread ... (Apologies if I forgot that you are injured, ill or busy - it is hard to remember what you are all up to!)

RSVP ... @Accy cyclist , @Pennine-Paul , @MartinQ , @coffeejo , @Christopher , @dan_bo , @middleagecyclist , @Martin Archer , @smokeysmoo , @pubrunner , @Alun , @Steve H , @colly, @tubbycyclist , @Stu Smith , @Biscuit , @oiljam , @Littgull , @Maverick Goose , @hopless500 , @Svendo , @thegreenman , @Pjays666 , @nickyboy , @robjh , @Peter T , @YellowTim , @oldfatfool , @totallyfixed , @dr_pink , @kiwi-Sal , @Kbrook , @just_fixed , @MikeW-71 , @SlowerThanASluggishSloth , @gavgav , @DiddlyDodds

Even if you are not on that list, please feel free to add your name below. It would be nice to get at least (say) 10-15 riders, and fantastic if we could exceed that.

Sorry but I'm not feeling up to it xx(. Doing much more than the commute wipes me out these days, which is a shame as I was looking forward to it. Hope you have a good one and the wind is a bit kinder than last year.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hi @ColinJ have a great ride. Whilst I enjoyed it I dont think the misses would warrant me cancelling our holiday but hope to catch up on another ride in the not too distant future.
Yes, I can see that wouldn't go down too well ... :laugh:

There are plenty of other rides to come later in the year!

Sorry but I'm not feeling up to it xx(. Doing much more than the commute wipes me out these days, which is a shame as I was looking forward to it. Hope you have a good one and the wind is a bit kinder than last year.
Sorry to hear that, Martin! :sad: I hope you eventually start to feel a bit better.

doughnut

Veteran
I'd like to sign up for this, Colin. I'll probably be one of the slower riders I think - let me know if you think I'm too slow ^_^. Longest ride I've done so far is just over 50 miles ( https://www.strava.com/activities/261082200/ ) at about 12mph. I will have to work out how to get the bike in/on the car in the next couple of weeks, but should be able to sort something out.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'd like to sign up for this, Colin. I'll probably be one of the slower riders I think - let me know if you think I'm too slow ^_^. Longest ride I've done so far is just over 50 miles ( https://www.strava.com/activities/261082200/ ) at about 12mph. I will have to work out how to get the bike in/on the car in the next couple of weeks, but should be able to sort something out.
I was just thinking that I should check for any new posts and here you are ...

I think the slow group last year only averaged around 8 mph (including stops) so we would have to ask you to slow down for us - ha ha! :okay:

Here's the updated rider list:

'Definites':
  • ColinJ
  • Globalti
  • SamR
  • doughnut
'Maybes':
  • Mickthemove + Phil
  • Nuclear holocaust

Top Bottom