1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum trolls

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dayvo, 28 Aug 2007.

1. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

With just under a thousand members (plus still a lot of lurkers) there does seem to be a distinct lack of trolls here.
    Now some, not the former C+ gang, won't be too familiar with the spoutings of a certain bonj!
    To be fair to him, he's not a troll; more like the forum equivalent of the village idiot, in the mould of John Mills in Ryan's Daughter.
    And I'm sure he's a very competent cyclist; once he ditches the stabilisers he'll be up for his Cycling Proficiency Award!
    When they drop, he'll probably turn into a decent human adult!

If I ever meet him, I'll be happy to buy him a drink of his choice! ;)

2. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

This is not a fertile environment for trolls as there is a shortage of the more excitable types who respond to trolls. Trolls are commonest where they provoke a reaction. If all they get is to be ignored, or "Sod off troll," then they don't bother.

3. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

tbh I don't really recall any trolls on C+ either. Mainly because I only occasionally pasted in Soapbox. If anything there it was the "regulars" who had the best (!) slogging matches.

I do recall some imbecile in begineers - but he (almost certainly a he) came across as stupid, rather than argumentative...... name escapes me.....
    (but hasn't shown up here!!)

4. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

No visible trolls, for much the reasons that Patrick stated. Also, as a small private forum it's much harder for a troll to get away with it. Mind you, I'm damn sure we're being watched by the usual suspects....

5. robgul

robgul Guru

.... but still a lot of gratuitous posts from a few people that, in my view, undermine the value of the forum (mind you there's a few on acf that have to comment on EVERY thread, however inane or pathetic their response may be)

BTW Chuffy - thought of you yesterday - I rode to the Gliding Club and recalled your trike riding escapade a couple of years ago ;):biggrin:

Rob

6. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I would never tire of calling stonecastle a twat.

7. OP
    OP
    Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Indeed, but he was entertaining! ;)

8. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Perhaps we should set up a thread 'What Stonecastle would say'...In fact I'm going to do that now!

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I never really got involved with any Stonecastle posts, but what few I read were not in my entertaining bracket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

Good old stonecastle...I remember him...didn't he get banned in the end for going on about what a brilliant idea gaybashing was?

11. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Wait till the Scottoiler people discover us.

12. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Can anyone list a few of the old C+ trolls? I find it difficult to distinguish between trolls and some of those who post in Soapbox and commuting.

13. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

Can't you use your spidey sense instead? Lazy Bugger!

14. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

And who can forget the soap opera-esque life of HWK.....where is he these days?

15. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Bike Radar I think. He went on a Bosman.