Fossy's Back Up after being Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thought I'd better not clog up the commuting thread.

Got right hooked on Longford Lane in North Reddish. I'd just turned onto the road so wasn't going quickly and I was filtering on the outside. Saw the car, but he suddenly went for a gap, except I was in front of him.

Too close to break so I smashed into the front, twisted and then hit the bonnet and floor. I knew something was wrong before I hit the floor.

The pain was incredible so just lay on my back groaning. The driver did stop but looked shocked.

Two ladies stopped and one was a nurse so she immobilised my neck.

Rapid response were there pronto. The police got the drivers details and let someone take my bike in.

Lots of scans and the CT showed multiple ribs fractured and my L4 cracked in two.

Very lucky I wasn't paralysed. That came as a shock.

I think commuting by bike is a no no now. Will have to get the fixed replaced with an MTB.
Ouch, that's terrible. Really sorry to hear about it. Yes, sounds like a very close escape (if you can call multiple fractures an escape!). Lots of positive thoughts headed your way for the recovery,

Safest thing then to be sure is buy a Miranda box set.

Broken ribs are annoying as bugger all you can do about it other than wait and remember they heal back stronger than before.
I guess that depends on whether you find Miranda funny! Probably not ideal if you do. ^_^

Curb

Veteran
GWS.

Sorry to hear about that - sounds pretty bad.

(I guess you are battle hardened by now :whistle:, but seriously, hope you make a good and swift recovery)

I take your incidents as a timely reminder to us less experienced folks to be ever vigilant.

Saw this in trending threads and thought you'd gone into the eiderdown business. L4 eh, that's a bum injury.

Fingers crossed for a uncomplicated recovery.

Top Bottom