Found Photographic Equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Very long shot this.

I found a professional quality carbon fibre tripod and quality tripod head while on holiday. Picked it up from the grass and stuck it in the back of the car and promptly forgot all about it until I found it over the weekend. The police no longer take details of lost property ( certainly not without serial numbers) so any suggestions as to how I reunite this with the owner would be welcome.
I've looked at photography forums and tbh that seems an unlikley route. Most of the ones I've checked out don't have a section for lost and found although some do. Even then the last posts are years out of date.
An ad in the local paper might do it but a pound to a penny the owner will not have been local. So if you are keen on photography maybe you know of a good site or place to stick an ad.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you Google "lost and found photographic equipment" you will find links to sites that could help.

Good luck.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
There will almost certainly be a lost and found Facebook page for the area where you found it. My local one seems reasonably successful in reuniting people with their lost stuff.

Facebook? 🤥 Never used it tbh. Could get one of my offspring to try it l guess.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
You probably were going to do this already, but I would not post a picture of it. Only hand it over to anyone who can contact you and describe the item in detail. There are so many people out there who would claim it and then sell it

Yes, l'll make sure they are genuine.^_^

In the unlikely event that the owner contacts me they will have to know the model and makers name and also they will most likely know exactly where it was left.

Pedalabitslower

Veteran
We have a local FB page and it never ceases to amaze me the lost property reported as found; wallets, phones, keys etc. There appear to be many more honest folks out there than you would think.

Top Bottom