Four Internet shops put to the test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
User76 said:
I may try 'absolute cycles' in the future, I wasn't aware of them.

Personally, after the experience with my Carbon Sportive, I would rather make my own stuff from scratch then use Ribble again ;)

Well if you are any good at making carbon sportives, give me a shout!! I may be interested:biggrin:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've rarely had a problem anywhere. Once I ordered some odd sized innertubes from a bike shop and they took a long time to arrive but they emailed me to tell me that.

The only thing I don't like is when mail order retailers send stuff by City Link. If it's Royal Mail I can walk down the road to the sorting office (although in the majority of cases the postman leaves the stuff at the business downstairs). City Link depot is nine miles away.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Ribble - Bought a bike workstand very cheap works well arrived in a couple of days. That is the only thing I have ever bought from them.

Wiggle - Took 3 days before they even despatched the last order, seem to be getting very slow stuff used to arrive within a couple of days.

Chain Reaction - Orders usually arrive within a couple of days never had a problem. If it was a choice between Chain Reaction and Wiggle then Chain Reaction would get my business.

Absolute Cycles (ebay shop) - Bought some 105 calipers off them last week, good price and free carriage (sent royal mail) ordered on sunday evening and arrived on thursday, but at the price I got them for I can live with that and at least I didnt have to wait in for a courier.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
palinurus said:
The only thing I don't like is when mail order retailers send stuff by City Link. If it's Royal Mail I can walk down the road to the sorting office (although in the majority of cases the postman leaves the stuff at the business downstairs). City Link depot is nine miles away.

I try to avoid city link where possible. My "local" delivery office is in Carlisle, just over 50 miles away

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
mcshroom said:
I try to avoid city link where possible. My "local" delivery office is in Carlisle, just over 50 miles away

I have noticed a lot of companies I use seem to be dropping city link in favour of companies that offer 1 hour time slot delivery like DPD.

Whenever I am waiting for deliveries for my business all the other couriers have been and I end up waiting around for city link to turn up they are pants.

Ben1982

I used two ebay shops this week. Both ordered monday night, and confirmed shipped on tuesday.
Absolute Cycles (Shoes that were SPD compatible in my size): Arrived yesterday (Friday)
High on bikes (SPD Pedals): Arrived Wednesday

So very impressed with High On Bikes, but would definitely order from either again :blush:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
called CRC once to chase an order placed with them on my behalf by a shop. A mess. Never again.

madguern

I have mainly used wiggle over the past 2 years, quite scary when you see how much you have spent over a year ! Started using CRC a few weeks ago and mighty impressed no shipping charges and stuff got here super fast. I also tend to use Evans as well for stuff not supplied by other two. n

dodgy

AlanW said:
Ok, I decided to conduct my own survey as to which one is best. :tongue:

So yesterday afternoon I ordered roughly £50 worth of gear from the following internet bike sites:-

Ribble

Wiggle

Chain Reaction

Absolute Cycles (ebay shop)

Which one or even which ones do you think let me down?

I don't understand your post. How have some of them let you down already with barely 24 hour since you made the order?

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
dodgy said:
I don't understand your post. How have some of them let you down already with barely 24 hour since you made the order?

Well, that's it, none of them did!

Within 24 hours of making the orders, I had the goods in my hands from all four shops.

Top Bottom