Four Italian Scorchers arrived today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
had 2 pacels of frames today, containing 2 x Viners and 2 x Simoncini's

see my fllick r https://www.flickr.com/photos/68734341@N04/ for some pics

1st up is a 21 1/4" Simoncini uc2000 deda 01 tubing nice heart shaped cut outs on the lugs a few marks on the top tube , but otherwise very good .
2nd up is A Viner pro team 24 1/4" sized frame deda zero tubing according to the internet that looks to be slightly oversized ? some fading on top tube and rear stays
3rd is a blue/grey 21 1/4" Viner Evolution Oria Cromo ml25 lugged frame with a pr of pantographed simoncini touring forks made with columbus forks
lastly is a 21 1/2" Simoncini frame made from columbus cromor red to white fade paintwork with contrasting decals , nice and clean

Nice Frames .... Takes me back to the day when I was riding on columbus tubing :smile:

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Always wanted a Viner since I saw the Viner Track frames at the "Skol Six" back in the late 1970's.........either that or the similar looking SABA :smile:

Shaun

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
You sir have impeccable tastes and a canny knack for finding these bicycles.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
quick update i have found out today that the Simoncini frame was shown at the 1992 IFMA KOLN Meeting in Cologne and has been built up as i suspected the first time i saw it .

it was displayed due to new kind of tubing !! not sure when colombus cromor was released and the lightened bottom bracket shell

now does that give me enough reason to build and use or not ???

simo.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom