Four times over the legal limit and escapes prison.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I know one now dead football club owner who used to leave a local pub on match day and drive off. That's despite barely being able to walk. Struggling to get get his car keys into his Bentley. Then after dropping them several times and nearly falling over when picking them up, he got into his large, luxurious car and drove off. If it wasn't for his personalised numberplate he'd definitely get stopped. With the plates no local copper dared to stop him. He was a local hero and untouchable in the town.

I know this because I lived 3 houses down from his daughter who he visited before going to the pub and the match. He was a tax exile who could only visit the UK 90 days a year I think and they all coincided with match day for his club.

I think there's many who still drive over the limit and aiui that figure is increasing.

I knew a painter who would pull up outside a local hotel just across the road from the police station and drape a dust sheet out his boot with a couple of strategically placed tins of emulsion, before going into the public bar then drive home. He got away with that one for years.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Drink driving is quite bad on our caravan site. It takes probably 2 or 3 minutes, 5 if you hop, to walk from the site pub to the far end of the caravan site, yet some of the old feckers drive up to near the pub, still on site, get tanked up then drive back later. :ohmy:

Drink driving is quite bad on our caravan site. It takes probably 2 or 3 minutes, 5 if you hop, to walk from the site pub to the far end of the caravan site, yet some of the old feckers drive up to near the pub, still on site, get tanked up then drive back later. :ohmy:

Presumably that's all on private land, though? If so, surely it's up to the site owner or manager to prevent it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Presumably that's all on private land, though? If so, surely it's up to the site owner or manager to prevent it.

It is. Given the blanket ban on any form of electric scooter (caught twice you are evicted). The only issue is the site owner is a big boozer, and I'm sure he is as bad.

Top Bottom