Four + weeks on the bus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
:biggrin::sad::sad:

Cracked my ankle canyoning on holiday in Scotland so it's now in a cast. So not only have I had to cut the holiday short but I've now got to spend the next four to six weeks catching the bus to work instead of my 15-20 minutes bike ride.

Sympathy please! :angry:

*edit - on the plus side, my commuter bike frame is currently in for a re-spray so that couldn't have been better timed.

domtyler

Über Member
GrahamG said:
:smile::sad::sad:

Cracked my ankle canyoning on holiday in Scotland so it's now in a cast. So not only have I had to cut the holiday short but I've now got to spend the next four to six weeks catching the bus to work instead of my 15-20 minutes bike ride.

Sympathy please! :smile:

*edit - on the plus side, my commuter bike frame is currently in for a re-spray so that couldn't have been better timed.

There, there.

Maz

Guru
Unlucky, mate. Get well soon and hope the bus is on time. Once your cast comes off, be prepared for your ankle to be very weak through lack of use. It will take time before you feel strong enough to ride again.

Had my leg in a cast last year with a broken metatarsal (6 weeks), then a fractured wrist a few months back (5 weeks).

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
Wolf04 said:
Unlucky

Have a virtual hot cuppa

No chance they could mould an SPD cleat into the bottom of your cast then?
:smile:

That's a wicked idea :smile:

Mind you, you should have seen the look the other half gave me when I suggested that I might be able to ride with a walking cast on!

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
Maz said:
Unlucky, mate. Get well soon and hope the bus is on time. Once your cast comes off, be prepared for your ankle to be very weak through lack of use. It will take time before you feel strong enough to ride again.

Had my leg in a cast last year with a broken metatarsal (6 weeks), then a fractured wrist a few months back (5 weeks).

That's a good point, I'll probably spend a week or two doing some very easy going routes before tackling the hills on my commute.

A wee cracked ankle, aww, ya poor wee soul.:sad:

Och, it's oany a wee cracked ankle. Get oan yer bike ya big jessie and stop yer moanin!

Is this what you were looking for :smile::sad:

My sympathies. However it's not as bad as a friend of mine who broke his leg two days into his 2 week skiing honeymoon! It was a bad break and he had to spend a good few days in hospital! Oops!:smile:

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I broke a metatarsal at the beginning of May. The cast round my leg kept the foot and ankle stable and two weeks later I spent three days cycling in Belgium, nothing fast or difficult and I only fell over twice, but it can be done.

Plax

Guru
Ouch! Hope you make a full recovery and are back on the bike sooner rather than later.
I had a bizarre dream last night that I run into work rather than cycled and got my foot caught in the cattle grid leading into work and broke my ankle, wrist & ribs. Very bizarre it was, as I then dreamed I had nearly escaped from the hospital (you know, the soggy warm cornflakes are enough to make anyone try and escape :smile:) and was about to get on the bus when the nurse collared me and sent me back in.

mootaineer

GrahamG said:
:smile::sad::sad:

Sympathy please! :ohmy:

Well if it's any consolation, I broke my ankle last May and was out.
I'm currently off the bike with spinal disc problems (been off for a month already) :sad:

On the plus side, usually I find that when I come back I'm stronger (after the week's slog trying to get back into shape tho...)

Top Bottom