Foxes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Last night we were discussing how its been years since we have seen a fox in the garden, last time was probably about 9 or 10 years ago there was a cub that would come in and out and a big dog fox as well. Anyway this morning I got up and pulled the blind up and guess what was sitting there in the back garden?

Slick

Guru
Nice.

I live next to a farm, so they aren't the most welcome visitors but I must admit, I do like to see a fox doing well.

johnnyb47

Guru
I see the odd one now and again.Last year one run straight out in front of me while I was out cycling down some country lane in the evening.He run straight down the lane in front as I followed it before disappearing into a gap in the hedge

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No foxes on Mull. My wildlife pal found one lying dead by the roadside once but reckoned it had been left there to wind him up as he was a Ranger responsible for among other things keeping the status quo.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
See the odd fox, badger and owls on my commute

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Glasgow foxes are a bit more casual.

Quite often see them at nearly any time of day or night gallously swaggering about with a mane like a lion.
Would that be after chucking out time in Govern?

download.jpeg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Plenty of foxes around my way. A month or so back, two family groups were having a bit of a stand off in our road. It was 2am and the noise they were making was tremendous. No actual fighting and then they went their separate ways.

presta

Guru
I've seen plenty of foxes whilst out walking, but in 60 odd years I've only seen one where I live, running around in the street when I looked out of the window at bedtime. As far as wildlife in the garden goes, the best were a deer on the lawn at High Close hostel when I peered out of the kitchen window whilst getting my breakfast, badgers from the neighbouring woods feasting on kitchen scraps at the front of Barrow House hostel, and a row of three baby squirrels peering over my own garden fence. I saw a muntjac deer running along the pavement here once.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Lots of foxes here.
Like @Slick said, they are out and about even in daytime.
I have to keep one of my cats inside overnight - the other doesn't go out - because he had several fights with foxes, resulting in frantic vet visits and lots of fur scattered allover the street.

Top Bottom