Fractured pelvis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
i was knocked off my bike by a car on 28th march. As well as bruised ribs and soft tissue damage in my back, I have a crack in the front left side of my pelvis.

I am getting around slowly on crutches and have been given a 6 week sick note. The consultant doesn't want a follow up and says it will heal with no further treatment. He hasn't given me much more info than that.

I'm a big bloke over 20 stone so need to heal properly. I cycle around 3,000 per year and want to get back out on the road during the summer.

I'm sure others on here have suffered similar injuries. How long has it taken you to get back out on the road?

I was scheduled to do Velothon Wales and RideLondon in July. I'm resigned to not doing them as I won't be able to train but when should I be aiming to be on the turbo then on the road.

I've sat around for the last 10 days and it's driving me nuts.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I discovered I fractured my pelvis in an accident last April. Two weeks ago.

I was riding 3 weeks after my accident (6 broken ribs, other injuries) so I'd suggest take it steady and you'll be fine.

Mrs M

Guru
Ouch ya :sad:
Cracked pelvis should, hopefully be fine in 6 weeks.
Mine was snapped in 3 places and dislocated so took a bit longer :angry:
Wishing you a good recovery :smile:
xx

I did both hip and pelvis many years ago.

I was back on a (recumbent) in about 5 weeks

My problems that some 25 years later I am suffering increasing pain and limited movement as arthritis sets in

Top Bottom