Frame advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just spoke to a lovely lady at Brixton cycles who recommended a Surly Pacer frame set. Have to say steel, retro shape and british racing green really appeals. Fingers crossed for the test ride!

Oooh I'd say!

P.H

Über Member
Just spoke to a lovely lady at Brixton cycles who recommended a Surly Pacer frame set. Have to say steel, retro shape and british racing green really appeals. Fingers crossed for the test ride!

Defiantly in the same mold as Arvis, my fingers are crossed for you.

OP
OP
Becs

Becs

Veteran
+1. Fit is going to be the key issue here. BC will do you right.

BTW, for 2013, Trek have got a new disc-braked urban CX/winter bike/light tourer, the Crossrip- if it's anything like as good as my Portland, it would be well worth a look (and the 105 bits from your 2.3 could go on the carbon when you get it). The Ribble's a great value frame, but it's skinny tyres only, and having 28mms or larger on will definitely compensate for any harshness in the frame.

I don't mind skinny tyre Stu - I already have the Dawes with 32s so I'm looking for something that's comfy with my handbuilt wheels on (over spoked mavic open sports with 25s). The mates that recommended the ribble said it was comfy (one did lejog on it) but both of them are rather short so I can't really borrow it for a test ride!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I don't mind skinny tyre Stu - I already have the Dawes with 32s so I'm looking for something that's comfy with my handbuilt wheels on (over spoked mavic open sports with 25s). The mates that recommended the ribble said it was comfy (one did lejog on it) but both of them are rather short so I can't really borrow it for a test ride!
True...but their idea of comfy might not necessarily be yours.

Top Bottom