Frame for singlespeed project (700c wheels)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yashicamat

Evening folks,

I'm looking for a frame to make a singlespeed out of, so ideally a steel frame but alloy would be fine too, the main thing I'm looking for of course is an angle on the dropouts so I can adjust the chain tension.

Ideally a frame with the headset & stem/fork already fitted, but that's not essential.

I'm based in the South Manchester / Cheshire area.

Cheers.;)

OP
OP
yashicamat

yashicamat

Something I meant to add (and I know it says this in the title), but I would like a frame designed for 700c wheels so I can use low clearance duel pivot road brakes.

Thanks.

Tharg2007

Veteran
you will need to state frame size or your height at least.
Also will be very hard to find allu frame with horizontal drop outs unless its a track frame.

OP
OP
yashicamat

yashicamat

I'm really trying to build up a hack here, so ideally I'm looking for a nothing special frame at about £70 tops . . . . if I end up spending £100+ on a frame I'll be getting dangerously close to ending up with a "new bike" cost in parts!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Rob, you can have the blue frame and forks from the Raleigh in my photo albums for £10 plus postage, so £25 to you. It's a 58cm frame but meets all your other needs. I'll leave as much on it as you want want to keep the rear wheel for the Sturmer Archer 3 speed hub, the rims buckled anyway(wouldn't be rideable for far). However front wheel works perfectly but it's 27inch(steel rim) not 700c, so you may just want frame and fit a new wheelset.

PM me if you're interested....Al

OP
OP
yashicamat

yashicamat

Thanks for all the info guys, I think I *might* have sourced a frame for the price of a few bottles of beer. I'll let you guys know tomorrow.

Cheers. :sad:

I'm open to offers on this 1985 Peugeot if you're interested.

Double eyeleted track wheels, Ultegra brakes, powder coated frame. I built it but don't get a chance to ride it anymore. Size 56 ish

995176865_66e7871140_m.jpg

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
cheadle hulme said:
I'm open to offers on this 1985 Peugeot if you're interested.

Double eyeleted track wheels, Ultegra brakes, powder coated frame. I built it but don't get a chance to ride it anymore. Size 56 ish

995176865_66e7871140_m.jpg

Cheade Hulme - you have PM!

Top Bottom