Frame/paint issue - advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kernow_T

Über Member
Hi and TIA -
I underestimated the size of the area affected with regards the paint having peeled off.
I expect having insulation tape bonded on there hasn't helped rather has pulled the surrounding paint off.
Good news:
Only the merest hint of surface rust
One single area
All same metallic silver colour

What's the best way to make it good.
Advice very much appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20171113_130922753.jpg
    IMG_20171113_130922753.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20171113_130719423.jpg
    IMG_20171113_130719423.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 47

Drago

Legendary Member
If there's a man hereabouts who knows about paint, its @screenman.

screenman

Legendary Member
Cheapest is another sticker of some kind, only other opition I would take on a nice bike is full respray. There is no way of touching it up and making it look nice, sorry about that.

Find a local signmaker, they will have loads of vynil offcuts in the bin talk to them nicely and it will be free.

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Cheapest is another sticker of some kind, only other opition I would take on a nice bike is full respray. There is no way of touching it up and making it look nice, sorry about that.

Find a local signmaker, they will have loads of vynil offcuts in the bin talk to them nicely and it will be free.
That's exactly what I shall do. Will look better than either bare steel or black tape; even Silver tape would. Should I laquer with Mrs Kernow's clear nail varnish first?

screenman

Legendary Member
That's exactly what I shall do. Will look better than either bare steel or black tape; even Silver tape would. Should I laquer with Mrs Kernow's clear nail varnish first?

No, I would go for the sign writers vynil. For sure the rust will carry on spreading unless shot blasted away, but it will take a long time.

Top Bottom