Frame size, what changes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is clear that with a smaller frame size the seat is lower so one can touch the road, so with an option of 18", 20" and 22" frame knowing my wife needs an 18" do I get a 18" and put seat up, or a 22" which at 6 foot tall likely suits me better?

Does the wheel base change or only seat height?

I'm taking this to mean you might share the bike, that correct?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
A6527A55-D365-4F28-9871-567B4C20E7B2.jpeg
So many measurements change depending on frame size.
Top tube length/reach is the most important measurement in my opinion.
Have a look at any geometry chart and you can see the differences, the one pictured is from a Specialized Allez.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you get a 18" frame for your wife and expect it to fit you and be comfortable it won't. That is if I'm reading your post correctly.

OP
OP
ericmark

ericmark

I was looking at carrera-crosspath-electric-hybrid-bike from Halfords my wife already has one and likes it, I intended to do the same. And I would get the larger frame.

However also looking at the apollo-transport-electric-folding-bike with the idea I could carry it on the bus or train. As yet don't know if bikes allowed on the local train, it's a heritage line Welshpool to Llanfair so possible no bikes anyway.

My new house is up a steep hill from main road, and an electric bike may mean I can ride from home, rather than needing to use car, bus or train first, so as yet don't know direction to go, so it's a consideration if bike sharing would work, so select best bike for that days ride.

Top Bottom