Frame sizing help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

double0jedi

Im thinking of getting a new bike, currently have a Specialized Diverge A1 cross/ Adventure bike but fancy changing over to a Lapierre Crosshill 300.

The issue I have is that I don't have a dealer for lapierre anywhere close ( nearest is a 200 mile round trip) so have been looking on line. Found the deal I want and all the online reviews of the stockist seem ok but having problems with the sizing, as I can't try the bike for a fit.

According the the lapierre sizing guide, at 5'8” with an inside leg of 30”, I should be right for the 19.25" (49cm) size. But I am unsure as my diverge is a 55cm frame.

I appreciate they are different bikes, but when I tested the Diverge in a shop they said I would be better with the 54cm but when I tried them both I found the 55cm much more comfortable.

The geometry of the frames is not a million miles away from one another, and for those that are interested or may be able to help , this is the Lapierre sizes.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/..._dc|pcrid|161845658788|pkw||pmt||prd|542791UK

and this is the Diverge:

https://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/product/5321/2017-diverge-a1/

Because of the hassle in buying the bike online, I am unsure as to trust the lapierre size guide or do I go for the same size as the diverge?

Any advice, if any of you have experienced something similar, would be much appreciated.
If not I may just have to bite the bullet and make the long journey!

Thank you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why don't you just phone the retailer and get their advice directly

Ignore the 'sizing', compare the geometry. Manufacturers measure different parts to get the size

lapierre appear to use the seatpost, Specialized perhaps the TT

Tangoup51

The chances are, if they don't seem far off from eachother - You won't ever be able to tell them apart.

Alot of people don't like buying online because they can't try for fit, but seldom has it ever caused anyone to reject an order or return a bike. It's always within a solid ballpark and they can adjust everything else to their own needs.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
IMG_1080.JPG
IMG_1081.JPG
Are you sure that your Diverge is a 55cm frame, I think they are only available in 54cm & 56cm?
Here's the geometry charts for both the Diverge and the Lapierre (taken from the Lapierre website).
It is best to make size comparisons based on top tube length, assuming your Diverge is a 54cm frame and you are happy with the size then I would be looking at the 52cm Lapierre which has a very similar top tube length (2mm shorter than the Diverge).
If you have a 56cm Diverge then the 55cm Lapierre has exactly the same top tube length of 565mm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

double0jedi

Yeah it is the 56cm Diverge, mind has gone to mush as I spent so long looking at charts and stuff!
most likely going to opt for the 55cm unless the retailer advises otherwise.

Thank you.

Top Bottom