Frame suggestions ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have just fitted a very nice ultegra front chainset which i got for under 80 quid .
105 cassette and im just hunting for a ultegra 6700 ss mech..
Now this has reduced my RT58 weight down to 9.4 kg..its a 2kg alloy frame carbon fork job.

So im digesting a sarnie and enjoying a cuppa thinking id really like a Carbon frame...i know i know..stop eating and get fitter ya fat bastid..
But i just fancy trying to get the weight to 8kg...
I was in Rutlad Cycles last week dribbling over 4-5 k bikes which are sub 7 kg but that's a non starter as i have a very expensive mtb.. And that is 11.7 kg ..weight shredding is a wallet basher..
Not wanting to spend a fortune...
I like this new PX E 130 frame and the Ribble similar one.. But they are around 1.5 kg
Any thoughts ..

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Go to Slimming World instead, its cheaper and you will easily loose weight.
But you'll lose the will to live and have to suffer the company of a load of fat bastards.

It would make you much happier to get a new frame.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Is this a cafe question or one for the bikey bits further up?

however light carbon frame does not = good carbon frame - have you considered lighter fork & wheels?

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
20170610_133250.jpg
Ok ill go ride the bike...lol
Be nice to get the matching Mech...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just bought a pro carbon new in carbon weave for £189 new..
The wife did say the new tyres dont match..What could i do?
Pick it up Friday..i do like a new build..
So ill lose half a kilo with the new frame..i quite like the Pro Frame..loved my 456 mtb carbon

I have just fitted a very nice ultegra front chainset which i got for under 80 quid .
105 cassette and im just hunting for a ultegra 6700 ss mech..
Now this has reduced my RT58 weight down to 9.4 kg..its a 2kg alloy frame carbon fork job.

So im digesting a sarnie and enjoying a cuppa thinking id really like a Carbon frame...i know i know..stop eating and get fitter ya fat bastid..
But i just fancy trying to get the weight to 8kg...
I was in Rutlad Cycles last week dribbling over 4-5 k bikes which are sub 7 kg but that's a non starter as i have a very expensive mtb.. And that is 11.7 kg ..weight shredding is a wallet basher..
Not wanting to spend a fortune...
I like this new PX E 130 frame and the Ribble similar one.. But they are around 1.5 kg
Any thoughts ..
I don't know what you're asking.

bb

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Very nice frame and silly light..
Very happy...
Build to follow......

1497632652254-1329339709.jpg