Frameset suggestions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Ill be getting Hunt 34 AWD wheels for it

Cannondale dont seem to do framesets only complete bikes unfortunately

ok ill open my mind to mid/high Alu then too, any more suggestions please?
Can't go wrong with Hunt wheels I don't think. I really like the look of them too, nice and understated :okay:

Not sure what size frame you're looking at - but there looks to be a couple of deals on the Giant TCR Advanced Pro Disc frameset for the 2020 model year. Could be worth a look - some of them are a little bit above your budget though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ill be getting Hunt 34 AWD wheels for it

Cannondale dont seem to do framesets only complete bikes unfortunately

ok ill open my mind to mid/high Alu then too, any more suggestions please?
The Dolan Tuono does look like nice spec and good value though
They do but in short supply for 2020 (ie only size 48cm, 2021 not yet available)
https://www.sigmasports.com/bikes/r...acturer_name[]=cannondale&sort=popularity&p=1

OP
OP
B

Bechdan

I emailed cannondale and they aren't making a frameset only for next year. I might look out for a used 12 or 13 though

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve built a few frames up and it is a really expensive way of buying a bike.
But a good way of getting the exact spec you want...ie for me SRAM which rarely comes on stock bikes. My Genesis was built for me by a friend from frameset and parts I sourced :okay:
The AR1 was built by Spa to my Sram based spec too :okay:

Gunk

Guru
But a good way of getting the exact spec you want...ie for me SRAM which rarely comes on stock bikes. My Genesis was built for me by a friend from frameset and parts I sourced :okay:

I do agree, I prefer Campagnolo but most bikes come with Shimano. However as I said it’s not the most economical way to buy a bike.

Planet X do plenty of SRAM bikes.

I have an Estrella, a brand co-founded by multiple Paralympic Champion Darren Kenny. Their customer service was absolutely first rate. I was able to spec every detail of the build, effectively it was a custom build for the price of off the peg. And the standard of the build on delivery was also absolutely first rate, everything absolutely perfect.

https://www.estrella-bikes.com/

OP
OP
B

Bechdan

Planet X do plenty of SRAM bikes.
main issue I have with complete bikes is the very average wheelset they tend to come with in the price range im looking at anyway. Ive already got a decent 105 groupset and bars etc, would just need mechanical calipers. By the time Ive paid for the full bike then the Hunt wheelset its gotten rather expensive, hence looking for frameset

TempleDancer

The Dolan Tuono that was mentioned earlier is a rebranded Carbonda CFR1056 (http://www.carbonda.com/road-frames/125.html). If you are comfortable importing a frame from China you can have it for a discounted price, with your choice of bottom bracket standard. By all accounts Carbonda are one of the most well regarded of the direct ship Chinese frame builders, though I have no experience of them myself.

Geometry is very close to a Giant Defy, so you could perhaps try and pick up a Defy Disc frame instead.

Top Bottom