Franco suisse restore help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiz147

Hi everyone,

I have been gifted a carlton franco suisse off my pa to restore. He's sure it's a '50s model so I'm researching at the Mo. It has 10976 and D11 stamped on the BB and H3509 stamped on cyclo dropouts.
5 speed with Campy gran sport rear derailleur with braized on Campy friction shifter and Milremo cottered crankset.
GB drop bars and stem and Weinmann Vainqueur 999 brakes.
The BB has a grease nipple.

I feel like I'm starting on a long journey so any help will be greatly appreciated, looking to keep it all original.

Congratulations,pictures,or link to please

midlife

Guru
Spokesman on here is one of the resident Carlton collectors, might be better to ask the mods to move your post to the oldies part of the forum :smile:

Pics would be nice :biggrin:

Shaun

OP
OP
Tiz147

Tiz147

It's deconstructed at the moment..... I've stripped it down to see what needs what. Aside from the wheels needing rebuilding the other main project will be the non-drive side crank needs straightening thanks to my brother crashing it the last time it was ridden. Which was about 30 years ago. :laugh: I think I'm going to look at replating the cranks as replacements seem to be rather expensive........

OP
OP
Tiz147

Tiz147

I was trying with the idea of getting the frame re painted in the original colour? I've been unable to find any Franco suisse transfers though. Also, does anyone know what the names of the colours carlton used for the Franco suisse? Mines a green colour.....

OP
OP
Tiz147

Tiz147

Here's the frame and forks....

Attachments

• IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom