Fraud Landis to appeal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

I don't see how you can be guilty of taking a drug that's naturally occurring in the body anyway. How can they set a maximum legal limit when the amount in your body might be more than that anyway? What's he supposed to do, drain some off?

Smeggers

bonj said:
I don't see how you can be guilty of taking a drug that's naturally occurring in the body anyway. How can they set a maximum legal limit when the amount in your body might be more than that anyway? What's he supposed to do, drain some off?
the whole basis for his guilt is that they found SYNTHETIC testosterone in him.

bonj2

Smeggers said:
the whole basis for his guilt is that they found SYNTHETIC testosterone in him.

Hmmm... I don't see how they know it's synthetic, if it's from his body and it's the same substance.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
You would have thought a friend would have told him to save his money. He's probably being egged on by lawyers telling him things like 'it's the principle that matters' or 'your honour is at stake'.

But they're not the ones who will end up as, not only a discredited cheat, but a stony broke one to boot.

bonj2

At the end of the day, if he didn't take drugs, then he will already know in his heart of hearts that HE won the tour and if that's the case then the fact they stripped him of his title shouldn't matter (too much).

Smeggers

bonj said:
Hmmm... I don't see how they know it's synthetic, if it's from his body and it's the same substance.
Dunno - ask a biochemist

Not being a biochemist myself, I'm not going to argue.

romeo

There was plenty of insider talk about him being a big fan of 'supplements' way before this case. It wasnt really a surprise. btw it wasnt from his body and it wasnt the same substance. as mentioned up there it was a synthetic form of testosterone.

Abitrary

And on that note it's up the wooden staircase for me

night peeps

Jonathan M

bonj said:

Pretty much any naturally occuring substance can be produced - and it is then synthetic. Becuase it isn't made within the body, it will have a different chemical constitution, even though it does a similar job within the body. Blood testing can therefore differentiate between endogenous & exogenous substances. Synthetic insulin can be open to sports abuse, and I have a feeling that there are tests available to differentiate between natural & synthetic insulin - I seem to recall this being used in the case against Beverley Allit in the early 1990's, as she used insulin to cause collapse in some of the infants she killed, and it was on subsequent review of blood tests that the insulin was detected.

Besides, biochemically the body will have a range of normal values, so grossly raised levels of any endogenous substance needs close examination because it usually indicates a further medical problem.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
they'll award it to Floyd still but change it to this one
bozo_md.jpg

Top Bottom