Fred whitton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Probably, but I am not one of them. :smile:

Insanely hard just to get round it once, never mind in under 6 hours :ohmy:. Then there was the guy who rode the route 10 times in 10 consecutive days...... :wacko::crazy:

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
What? Pay to ride on my local lanes and roads?
No chance
:biggrin:

Actually I did do it a few years ago, it was a good day out but the rain was grim and then it got a bit cold (I couldn't feel my fingers by Whinlatter). Then the sun came out and it was beautiful over cold fell.
Come to think about it, it was just a normal day out on a bike in the lakes:rain:

Waspie

Über Member
Just wondering if any C C members are insane enough to be partaking this Sunday
I did it. Never again, although I said that the last time...
Weather was pretty brutal. Rain and a very strong wind. The descent of Honister in pouring rain was scary, it had dried out a bit for Hardknott and Wrynose so they weren't so bad. Just glad to get round in one piece really.

OP
OP
S

Squid lips

I doff my cap to you sir :bravo: But I think you have a screw loose^_^

Labradorofperception

i did - it was ace. there was wind then rain then wind then wind then rain, then some more rain then some more wind. After that it was rainy and windy.

I felt like a Belgian peddling around an MC Escher print as the end came no further into sight.

I was duly overtaken by everything from old blokes on hybrids to Pangea, but did, to my credit, managed to get up Hardknott in one, like some salivating, gurning gargoyle.

If anyone did it and saw a fat lad in an ANC Halfords top, that was me.