Free Bike to someone who got robbed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shrew

I have a Claud Butler Mercury (hybrid) thats about 2 or 3 years old. i took apart for some reason and never put it back together, it was £280 when i got it and needs some attention, maybe a new chain and such but for the most part i would think its pretty much ok, although, you will need to put it back together.

This bike is free to anyone who got theres stolen, id expect to see you post on this site regarding your robbed bike, and id prefer it to go to someone thats been a member for a while.

im 5ft 8, i think the bike is 20inch, though im not certain, the bike is located in St. Neots, Cambs.

Sorry for you losses, hope this will help someone out though )

shrew

note; if you want this bike and didnt get robbed, PM me and maybe we can work something out and ill put members names who got robbed into a hat to win the cash towards there next ride.

e-rider

crappy member
That's a very generous offer.

I was without a bike for 6 months after mine got stolen which caused me all kinds of problems - however, I now have a new bike so won't be needing yours.

Good work though and I'm sure a bike theft victim on CC will be extremely grateful.

OP
OP
S

shrew

my camera isnt working atm, and i cant find the same bike online,

it looks like this one for the most part but a nice grey.

320.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
So, what happened??

I haven't had one robbed, but I'll happily do the dirty and take it off your hands if you want.

Bravo Shrew. I've had a bike nicked before and it's rare to see people doing this. Be proud as such behaviour can be contagious imo and you'll spur on other people to do similar things.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Nice one Shrew - that is very generous.

I had my bike stolen then replaced and then stolen again within months despite heavy duty locks- you can read the stories about the Spesh Ruby on here. I got my current commuter (carbon bikes don't stay out in London these days) due to similar kindness from a forummer (where are you Oxbob?) on here who sold me the bike for much less than it was purchased for as it was sitting in his garage not being used.

Keep up the good deeds -hats off to you!

Scotmitchy

I am new to this forum, haven't lost a bike, but am just finding my feet round here - your offer seems to some up the very generous nature of this forum, normally by way of information and advice, but this time witha great offer. Hope your bike finds a good home.

Top Bottom